So I've been using BBM since I picked up my shiny new Torch, and haven't had any issues. Yesterday, however, I started encountering a strange issue - BBM does not work unless I am connected to a WiFi network. The actual network does not matter (home, work, hotspot, etc.), but if I am not connected to a network BBM will not function with either normal conversations or groups. Does anyone know what could be causing this/how to fix it? Tyvm in advance
    08-26-10 03:59 PM
    do your other data services work? If not it is carrier outage if they do it is device issue
    08-26-10 04:24 PM
    Email is also out when I'm not connected to WiFi but other messaging services work. Also, this problem cam up randomly, I was not having this problem to begin with.
    08-26-10 04:25 PM
    Sounds like a BIS issue?? Have you called your provider?
    08-26-10 04:32 PM
    Email is also out when I'm not connected to WiFi but other messaging services work. Also, this problem cam up randomly, I was not having this problem to begin with.

Check your connection preferences at:

Options / Mobile Network

The options are: Mobile Network Only, Mobile Network Preferred, Wifi Only and Wifi Preferred.

I suspect you are set to Wifi Only, I use Wifi Preferred.
    08-26-10 04:38 PM
    Did you do a battery pull and resend your service books?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 05:15 PM
    No such options in OS6 on the Torch, ran network diags and would not connect to BIS, also would not register, guess I'm gonna have to call AT&T, was hoping to avoid ><

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 05:47 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem, only way I can use BBM or receive e-mails is if I'm connected via Wi-Fi at home. Tried a battery pull and diagnostics test...no luck.
    08-27-10 11:33 AM
    There is another thread around here discussing the problem with a lot of suggestions. Do a search for "BIS not working" and it should come up.
    08-27-10 12:10 PM
    BIS is down... Just got off the phone with AT&T. My problem is they have reported people able to connect to blackberry registration but when it gets to the pin part it fails while mine is failing at the blackberry registration and aborting the rest...
    08-27-10 12:22 PM
    There is another thread around here discussing the problem with a lot of suggestions. Do a search for "BIS not working" and it should come up.
    There's not another thread about this specific topic, even after further searching beyond your "BIS not working" suggestion. Stop flaming.

As for the point of this thread, still not working. Is this just a Torch issue, or are other Blackberry users experiencing this?
    08-27-10 01:18 PM
    So I talked to AT&T support, and RIM has informed them that some Torch users are experiencing these issues. The problem is that the device never registers with the network (if you run network diags you would see this) and aborts the other BIS related tests. Unfortunately, the only fix available is to do a device wipe and reload. This is coming straight from AT&T and RIM . Performed wipe and reload and now everything works fine again. Good luck to everyone else having this issue!
    08-27-10 01:55 PM
    There's not another thread about this specific topic, even after further searching beyond your "BIS not working" suggestion. Stop flaming.

As for the point of this thread, still not working. Is this just a Torch issue, or are other Blackberry users experiencing this?
    Settle down there young man! There certainly is another thread regarding the BIS issues.

Right here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/bi...opping-514869/
    08-27-10 02:14 PM
    I had the same problem right after I purchased my torch. I downloaded the software update from my phone over wifi and my phone was reregistered on the network. Everything works great now.
    11-01-10 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD