OK, first of all my situation is quite peculiar.

I have a Blackberry Torch based out of the United States with Sprint. I do not have international service. Currently I'm on vacation in Colombia. My entire flight down here I had the Mobile Network off, and once I got here I placed it on WiFi-only. I was able to send and receive BBM messages fine.

Then I decided to install a whole bunch of updates for my phone, since I'm normally stationed in a rural part of Texas with terrible service and no WiFi and wanted to take advantage of the good WiFi connection here. So I downloaded, installed, restarted the phone.

Now BBM doesn't work. The pictures have disappeared from my contacts and I get the little red clock when trying to send messages. I can use the browser, Facebook, etc. Any ideas about what's going on...?
    06-22-12 11:48 AM
    What updates did you do?

Sometimes that happens to me. For example, when I am overseas I have my home sim card in and the BIS apps (BBM, Browser, Email) work fine with wifi. But when I switch to a local sim card and then put my home sim back in it doesnt work unless I enable the "data while roaming" option. You have to be quick, once you see the BB symbol on top, you switch it back off. It can be VERY EXPENSIVE.

I think it has something to do with loading the carriers BIS service books.
    06-24-12 10:34 PM
    I just had to reregister my Blackberry with the wireless network it seems.
    06-29-12 11:44 AM