Hi everyone

I saw on the threads tht ppl r using BBM over wifi !

I have this problem with my BB9300: I have the blackberry data plan, i have the service books nd the correct

simcard, BBM is working fine over 3G connection (mobile network) but when I connect it only to wifi BBM just wont

work (messages are waiting for my mobile network to come back to be sent, nd I wont receive anything).

While on wifi only, I have access to the internet, but not to apps like appworld ...

Can it come from some wifi sometimes offering UMA and sometimes not ?
    Do u know if it comes from wrong settings, or do you have any idea wht I can do ?
    Thanks !
    01-20-11 10:47 AM
    Wi-Fi access to BlackBerry Internet Bundle
    Support for UMA (carrier-dependent – BlackBerry Curve 9300 only)
    Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA) depends on support from your carrier. In the USA, T-Mobile and a couple of the regional carriers do offer UMA support.

When UMA is active, voice, text, email, messages and Internet will use the Wifi connection.

If UMA is not available, Wifi can still be used to access Email, messages and Internet. That will include BlackBerry Messenger.

If you having trouble, use Connections / Wifi Options. Menu / Wifi Diagnostics to confirm your connection or identify what status error is causing you a problem.
    01-20-11 10:53 AM
    ok well i just tried that and my bbm is still not wanting to send my messages. anything else i can try?
    01-20-11 07:26 PM
    I am confused, the OP and Kanespell are the same person?

which OS are you running?
    01-20-11 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD