I've tried to find the answer here, and there are some answers that I sort of understood. But I've never used BBM and I am lost, sorry to say.
    I tried to PIN message a single person today. When I did, I get a note 'pending - waiting for authorization'.
    The person I was messaging was NOT in my contacts.
    Thanks - any help would be appreciated

ok ADD - I just went to BBM / Back Up Contact List/Back Up Files Remotely/Check if it's enabled/It was enabled and my gmail address is showing registered.[/B] Soo...

OK - just went to the 101 for this. What a ding a ling I am!!! Shoulda went there 1st. Apparenlty this is normal for a 1st time contact add, and I must wait until they accept my request. ....
    But please - let me know if I'm wrong
    Last edited by aenflex; 09-25-10 at 12:00 PM. Reason: removed one part
    09-25-10 11:50 AM
    Glad to hear the BlackBerry 101 information was useful, there is so much good information in those essays.

I have moved your post to the appropriate sub forum. I am sure our members will be able to help you get the most of BlackBerry Messenger.

BBM has been upgraded a couple of times. You may want to consider install the v5 upgrade, it has many feature improvements.

You can download it from BlackBerry App World, it will take a while because it has increased in size considerably.

After you install it, you can remove the earlier v4 BBM and free up quite a bit of memory space. Use Applications Loader from BlackBerry Desktop Manager to de-select v4 to remove it.
    09-25-10 12:25 PM
    True that! Bless the 101!!! I have the latest BBM, I think. Just opened the device out of the box 7 days ago I've got barcode capability and whatnot, so I'm hoping it's the latest version...
    Thanks much!!
    Last edited by aenflex; 09-25-10 at 12:29 PM. Reason: add
    09-25-10 12:28 PM
    The latest version of BBM is 5.0.0.138. If you want to see if you have the latest, go to Options>Applications>Add-On and note the version listed.

If you want to upgrade to the latest version, I do not recommend using App World. That installs all the languages and is about a 6 MB file.

If you download it here, you only get around a 3 MB file, since you can pick English only.
    09-25-10 12:42 PM
    5.0.0 is what I've got....I may use your link and get the newer verison Just need to figure out how to use this puppy 1st..
    Anyone know how to send a message to the entire group that I've just joined? Or must they be sent individually after adding each member as a contact?
    Thanks much!
    09-25-10 12:47 PM
    5.0.0 is what I've got....I may use your link and get the newer verison Just need to figure out how to use this puppy 1st..
    Anyone know how to send a message to the entire group that I've just joined? Or must they be sent individually after adding each member as a contact?
    Thanks much!
    To send a message to the entire group, open BBM, click on the group name, and then click Chat. Once you open the chat and type something and send it, all members of the group will receive the message.
    09-25-10 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD