I'm not all that familiar with BBM although I'm an avid texter. I usually only text ppl on my network and rarely text a group of ppl at one time. With that said....it's texting my best option or should I consider using BBM?
    08-12-10 08:31 AM
    If you have people you text, that have BBM, it's so much better. You'll be able to share any type of file but zip, location, voicenote them, smileys galore. It's high octane texting.
    08-12-10 08:35 AM
    Cool, thx will check it out!
    08-12-10 09:44 AM
    BBM also isn't limited to 160 characters. Plus you have avatars and status messages. Everyone should have a BlackBerry just because of BBM. Hey what do ya know? Just got a new BBM!
    08-12-10 10:09 AM
    My BBM list is shrinking quickly since people are switching to iPhones, Evos, Galaxies, HD2s and the like. Even the person who made me get my first BlackBerry is changing this week to the robot...RIM really needs to get OS6 out for some of the people currently using their newest phones like the 9700, 9650, and really the Storm 2 (they should). That keeps so many more people happy with BlackBerry and interested in upgrade to a new one instead of switching to something else...like I already have partially done.
    08-12-10 11:20 AM
    Partially?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 12:29 PM
    BBM ROCKS! it's one of the main reasons I wanted a BB. I can't imagine a "smartphone" without BBM, despite the fact that millions upon millions of happy non-BB users love their phones too. I'd miss BBM if I switched to a droid.

i wish everyone I knew had a BB...
    08-12-10 12:34 PM
    I use Yahoo Messenger the most out of all messaging platforms. It works the same as BBM with the exception of needing the BB part. It also does not count against your TXT plan, automatically syncs your yahoo contact list between the web/desktop platforms with your BB platform.... the list of benefits for Yahoo/Google/Windows goes on...

Personally, i never used BBM that much because i only knew one other person with a BB. Maybe i need a new group of friends!
    08-12-10 12:37 PM
    ...i wish everyone I knew had a BB...
    Me too, but I only know a few people that own BBs that I can text to!
    08-12-10 12:40 PM
    I use Yahoo Messenger the most out of all messaging platforms. It works the same as BBM with the exception of needing the BB part. It also does not count against your TXT plan, automatically syncs your yahoo contact list between the web/desktop platforms with your BB platform.... the list of benefits for Yahoo/Google/Windows goes on...

Personally, i never used BBM that much because i only knew one other person with a BB. Maybe i need a new group of friends!
    I use bothn a lot. And I can say with certainty, the two IM's are worlds apart.
    08-12-10 01:55 PM
    In all honesty, if all you do is send short messages back and forth, then SMS is fine. But my wife and I send photos back and forth. Some theme developers I'm testing for send me the theme files directly. I love the Delivery and Received reports and the unlimited length for messages. And now that I'm in several groups, I'm freaking addicted to BBM. There really is no comparison.
    08-12-10 01:57 PM
    I use bothn a lot. And I can say with certainty, the two IM's are worlds apart.
    OK, OK, we got it!
    08-12-10 02:48 PM
    I barely started using BBM since i got my BB last year, I only have 3 people that I talk to on it. All of my friends including my wife have either Droids or iPhones...not a big deal to me i got unlimited messaging but I been discovering you can do so much more with BBM...
    08-12-10 03:19 PM
    I use MSN messenger and yahoo also but BBM is wayyyy far better. I got hooked during one of my trips to south america. A lot of friends and familiy members have BBs and they all use it. They got me hooked and now I can talk and share file with them instantly without being in a PC. The only thing that BBM needs now, IMO, is the capability of video chat
    08-12-10 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD