I wish the texting on my tour was like BBM. My old cheap phone even had the option for a chat view. Going back n forth between messages stinks. Does anyone know of any apps or upgrades to help me out?
    12-30-09 04:07 PM
    I wish the texting on my tour was like BBM. My old cheap phone even had the option for a chat view. Going back n forth between messages stinks. Does anyone know of any apps or upgrades to help me out?

Upgrade to a leaked 5.0 OS and you get threaded messages.
    12-30-09 04:13 PM
    how do i get a leaked 5.0?
    12-30-09 04:14 PM
    how do i get a leaked 5.0?
    Either somewhere here on CB.com or from bbhybrids.net
    12-30-09 04:16 PM
    I guess I should of asked in more detail.. I am new to BB and have no idea how to do something like that. Is it a download from my phone or to my computer? Would it be under forums? Will it mess up any of the programs i currently have by upgrading?
    Last edited by Kenrae22; 12-30-09 at 04:24 PM.
    12-30-09 04:20 PM
    I guess I should of asked in more detail.. I am new to BB and have no idea how to do something like that. Is it a download from my phone or to my computer? Would it be under forums?
    Ah, good to know.

Well, there are pros and cons, first and foremost, the OS 5.0 is a leaked OS, not an official release so there's going to be quirks about it, most of them are nominal at best. Yes, it's a download you'll download to your computer and install from there.

If you're not completely comfortable with using a leak/hybrid OS for your phone, I'd recommend doing some more reading on it before you make the change completely. Yes you can always revert back to the official release if you don't like the 5.0, it's just time consuming and i'm not sure what your schedule is like.

Just some things to think about.
    12-30-09 04:25 PM
    okay...thank you. I think I will wait already. I have no idea to to upgrade and revert back and all that kind of stuff. I was impressed with myself for getting apps for my phone. HA! Anyways...Thank you for your advise, I think I will hold off.
    12-30-09 04:30 PM
    If you change your mind, just ask. I myself just recently upgraded to the leaked 5.0 and would gladly like to help you (as would others). There are some bugs I've noticed and texting is just like BBM.
    12-30-09 04:56 PM
    okay...thank you. I think I will wait already. I have no idea to to upgrade and revert back and all that kind of stuff. I was impressed with myself for getting apps for my phone. HA! Anyways...Thank you for your advise, I think I will hold off.
    I'm holding off too. But it gets harder and harder everyday. 5.0 is coming, really, it is
    12-30-09 05:13 PM
    It will be soon enough. Got my BM a new 8530 and saw her threaded txts. Was a bit jealous, but our time will come.
    12-30-09 05:36 PM
    It will be soon enough. Got my BM a new 8530 and saw her threaded txts. Was a bit jealous, but our time will come.
    Man, it's killing me. What's a BM? Big Mamma? Boring Mate? Bloviating Mother-in-law? I guess I'm not up to date on all the hip acronyms.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 06:20 PM
    3jam Threaded SMS and Empower SMS Viewer both will do threaded SMS but niether program is free. I've used Empower but not 3jam. I know Empower SMS Viewer has a limited trial that you can try.
    12-30-09 06:26 PM
    Man, it's killing me. What's a BM? Big Mamma? Boring Mate? Bloviating Mother-in-law? I guess I'm not up to date on all the hip acronyms.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hahaha, I was wondering that same thing!!
    12-30-09 07:29 PM
    BM? Baby Mama? Black Market?
    12-30-09 07:33 PM
    I guess I should of asked in more detail.. I am new to BB and have no idea how to do something like that. Is it a download from my phone or to my computer? Would it be under forums? Will it mess up any of the programs i currently have by upgrading?
    Here is a great step-by-step guide on how to upgrade your device's OS:

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com

How to downgrade your OS:

How To Downgrade Your BlackBerry's Operating System | CrackBerry.com

Good luck!
    12-30-09 07:43 PM
    I think even with OS 5.0 you will love the Empower Threaded SMS simply because of its beautiful UI. Also, it has a free Trial, so I will definitely recommend you to try it out once.
    12-31-09 03:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD