01-03-11 02:22 AM
37 12
tools
    Yeah, I have used Voice Notes before, it is kinda cool. However I don't use it often.
    01-01-11 12:58 PM
    HAHA. I do some of my best BBMing via voicenote while I am driving!
    Very convenient!
    01-01-11 07:56 PM
    If that's the case then I may have to look into it. IM Clients on Android are notoriously terrible, and battery hogs to boot.
    that is the reason i stick to email and sms. on the iPhone however, IM clients work well because of save state backgrounding & push notifications vs. always on like BB and Android.

It depends on whether or not the device doubles up as a business phone as well.

If it doubles up as a work phone then the security is appreciated, even if not really necessary.
    exactly, if it's not for work, top secret info, then it's not even necessary.

i say top secret, because it can be work and never sensitive info.

Also, I'm not sure how BBM works, but for SMS if you're using a workphone, although higher ups can't see you messages, they CAN see your activity - right on the carrier's website, since they will likely own the line if they provided the phone and service.

They can see who you sent or recieve the messages to/from as well (the phone numbers; but not what they are).
    if it's a company device, on a BES, they can see and read each and every message in and out, sms, email, bbm. only thing they can do is record convos unless you somehow agreed to it.
    01-01-11 08:18 PM
    Just a question... how many of you have text contacts on your BBM? I did on the 8900 because I took the time out to add them... but on my Torch I didn't bother... messages still look the same either way. Just wondering... Happy New Year to you All!
    01-01-11 08:58 PM
    Just a question... how many of you have text contacts on your BBM? I did on the 8900 because I took the time out to add them... but on my Torch I didn't bother... messages still look the same either way. Just wondering... Happy New Year to you All!
    nope, never did it with any device.
    01-01-11 09:48 PM
    BBM is more secure. If your being watched by the authorities they can only see your SMS but not your bbm messages.
    01-01-11 10:38 PM
    HAHA. I do some of my best BBMing via voicenote while I am driving!
    Very convenient!
    Lol, yes. Why complicate things with text to speech/speech to text crap when you can send voicenotes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-11 05:41 AM
    I love BBM, unfortunately I don't have any IRL friends that use it.

01-02-11 08:43 AM
    I love BBM, unfortunately I don't have any IRL friends that use it.
    Find some friends outside IRl

01-02-11 09:07 AM
    I do like the security of bbm...I don't really need it but, I do like that option. Thabk you all for the replies!

01-02-11 10:49 AM
    BBM is more secure. If your being watched by the authorities they can only see your SMS but not your bbm messages.
    what authorities? work place? if so, then they're both the same and can be monitored the same.

if you mean police, then whoa, get a prepaid for that kind of activity. lol.
    01-03-11 12:26 AM
    No character limit on BBM. I think.
    If you have an Unlimited SMS plan then there really isn't a character limit. If you go over 160 it will automatically convert it to an MMS and it will go through as one message. Do it all the time.

Unless your SMS app is terrible and doesn't allow you to go over 160 and does the transparent conversion.

On Windows Mobile 6.5 it would just break the SMS up and send 2. Maybe the way they display on the other end depends on which OS and SMS app is being used...
    Last edited by N8ter; 01-03-11 at 02:26 AM.
    01-03-11 02:22 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD