Does anyone miss the 'Set Alert' function of the previous BBM version? It used to alert me whenever a contact of mine happened to be unavailable or busy upon sending the initial message and would alert me once they've read the message so I know they're available if a short chat was desired at that time That function was conveniently omitted from version 5.0? That was one of the best features of BBM in my opinion

Also, the Green & Red lights, as well as the Red "X" were good status indicators on the BBM beta 5.0 to advise you if the contact were currently available, busy, or unreachable BEFORE you sent them a message. That also was conveniently omitted. Any beta testers or RIM employees out there available to comment?

Honestly, there are some things better with v5.0 however, there are also a few things missed on the previous version which weren't carried over onto the newest version
    10-11-09 07:29 PM
    Ya, I totally miss that feature in 5.0. I'm actually looking through the different threads to see if anyone has any suggestions or solutions. I wish they would've carried that on.
    10-11-09 07:41 PM
    That's true!

I was trying to remember what was missing from the leaked version to the new one. I do miss it...
    10-11-09 07:50 PM
    I don't know if I miss the green status indicator. I do see the red "unavailable" marks on contacts, so I just assume no red = available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 08:37 PM
    Hey does anyone know how to hide the conversation summaries that are shown underneath the contact name on the BBM 5.0.33? I keep looking through the options but noting works and super annoying >.<
    10-11-09 10:38 PM
    I really miss the unavailable feature
    10-11-09 11:36 PM
    Hopefully enough people will write to BB and tell them to add this feature again. I hate having to constantly go back to check to see if someone has read their msgs. That was a simple feature they could have left alone.
    11-26-10 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD