This is just a thought hopefully a suggestion, no rumors or anything..but what i think BBM should be in the near future.

As we all know RIM isnt doing quite well in the market right now. From what i see, i am losing more and more bbm contacts to iphone or android (mostly to iphone here in winnipeg) i have seen an increase in other third party apps that are cross platform messengers. Ive tried a few out and a lot of them have good ideas here and there and they all seem pretty fast. What i am trying to say is that bbm should look at all these third party apps and make BBM look the best one from all of them.

BBM v7.0:
    -it should have a whole new UI, something mature and elegant but very user friendly
    -should have 4 tabs at the top, similar to bbm music, one for updates, one for chat, the other for picture sharing, and the other for your profile
    -the updates tab would be all the status updates from your friends list as well as picture updates that your bbm friends posted to share with. it would also include changes in profile pictures, profile information changes and etc.
    -the chat tab would be what we see right now on bbm minus the updates, where we would be able to start a chat, make group chats, video chats (on bb10)
    -the picture tab should be where you want to share photos with your friends by posting a picture and etc. similar to the app Touch (formerly pingchat) but with a little of the Picstory functions where you can create a picture by combing a few pictures in it.
    -maybe even some editing to it similar to PhotoStudio Pro. in the pictures tab people can create their pictures and upload them to share with whoever is on their list. on the updates tab, you can view those pictures and like or comment on them just like instagram or twitter.
    -the profile tab would be where you would change your name, display picture, your location, what your listening too, email, phone number any personal stuff you would want to display, ofcourse you can also deny showing any personal informaton.

My view of what BBM should be would make it even more addicting for blackbery users as well as hopefully make others to jump back to blackberry in the future. As i know many know that there are third party apps similar to BBM and dont mind jumping the iphone bandwagon or android.

what do you guys think about this BBM v7.0?
    any other suggestions that you would include?
    01-16-12 07:00 PM
    My BBM 7.0 would include the idea of BlackBerry Balance.

- Single Contact list tagging people to Business / Personal (Possibly additional groups)
    - Profile Picture setting per Group, Status message setting per group
    - Integration with BlackBerry maps to create a location finding option
    - BBM Photo Album shared according to group permissions
    - Increased option of BlackBerry Smilies, ability to submit them to App World for downloading/Sharing must be submitted to App world in a specific format to be available for installation
    - I like your idea of the UI being closer to BBMM, The Tabs at the top For Chats, Group Chats, Pictures, and Connected App Notifications, have 3 Most used Tabs at the top scrolling to the other tabs as desired.
    - I very much would like to see BBM include Video Chat, and VOIP services, though the ability to disable them and disable requests to use them,
    - The Ability to disable Broadcast messaging,
    - BlackBerry Groups to include File sharing with file comments like Picture sharing is done
    01-16-12 08:08 PM
    I'm guessing BBM 7.0 is going to come out with BB10.

But I'm hoping for it to know who in my contacts has a BB. Basically it figuring out who has BBM instead of me trying to figure out by myself. Like the Video Chat app on the Playbook.
    01-16-12 08:38 PM
    The only changes I would recommend is make groups not such a drain on the phones resources and battery and also video chat over 3G and beyond.....4G and wifi but if they can compress the data to video chat thru BBm and do a decent job that would be killer.
    01-16-12 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD