Hello guys, just got my 9700 after 3 weeks of waiting for rogers to get them in.
    Now I love the phone, I have a small dilemma I am trying to start up BBM, and my friends cannot add my pin and when I add theirs it says waiting approval. I am not sure how long these things take or why my pin is un-addable. In the mean time I have removed my battery and made sure to sms them my pin using the mypin method. Thanks.
    11-30-09 11:07 PM
    Hello guys, just got my 9700 after 3 weeks of waiting for rogers to get them in.
    Now I love the phone, I have a small dilemma I am trying to start up BBM, and my friends cannot add my pin and when I add theirs it says waiting approval. I am not sure how long these things take or why my pin is un-addable. In the mean time I have removed my battery and made sure to sms them my pin using the mypin method. Thanks.
    First of all welcome to crackberry! Now you do have a data plan right? Believe it or not I have had people ask this question only to find out they didn't have one. BBM uses data so if you don't then viola. But if you and your friend(s) have them try this if you haven't already. Take their pin numbers and add them to your address book. Then go to BBM and select the contact(s) name and try adding that way.
    11-30-09 11:15 PM
    I do have a data plan, and Will try that method, thanks. How long does the addition of contacts usually take?
    11-30-09 11:27 PM
    I do have a data plan, and Will try that method, thanks. How long does the addition of contacts usually take?
    It normally happens right away. Once they get the invite they can accept, decline, ignore, etc. Make sure they all have data plans and that you have pin numbers accurate as well...
    11-30-09 11:30 PM
    well I guess I'm going to sit on this tonight and see if anything has changed in the morning, also I see that my blackberry internet service is not connected, but my 3g and wifi are. Is this a premium service I have to subscribe too?
    11-30-09 11:36 PM
    well I guess I'm going to sit on this tonight and see if anything has changed in the morning, also I see that my blackberry internet service is not connected, but my 3g and wifi are. Is this a premium service I have to subscribe too?
    You need to call rogers and tell them to remove your data plan and put it back on. That happened to me and I had to remove the data plan and add it back.
    12-01-09 04:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD