This question has probly already been beat to death but I'm gonna ask it anyways.

What is the chance of a new blackberry messenger that works with msn, yahoo, google etc... Emails?

As it seems right now, BBM is almost more trouble then what its worth. I mean, its limited and takes up a whopping 6 megs of precious blackberry memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 07:24 PM
    bbm is a pin to pin messanger you gotta have bbm to comunicate,,,,,i agree with you after text and emails i dont see the point of it
    09-05-10 07:37 PM
    BBM is one of the most reliable ways to communicate internationally. I work in a group that travels all over the world and BBM works anywhere you have edge or better service and we use it to communicate. International txting is very unreliable and costly. BBM is the only thing that keeps me using Blackberry, because everything else a BB does is being done by most other smartphones platforms now.
    09-05-10 07:51 PM
    This question has probly already been beat to death but I'm gonna ask it anyways.

What is the chance of a new blackberry messenger that works with msn, yahoo, google etc... Emails?

As it seems right now, BBM is almost more trouble then what its worth. I mean, its limited and takes up a whopping 6 megs of precious blackberry memory.

Look up Crosstalk. It's overdue for release, however.
    09-05-10 08:23 PM
    So if I have a friend in China that is on a Blackberry, we are connected and are able to communicate for free?
    09-05-10 08:24 PM
    So if I have a friend in China that is on a Blackberry, we are connected and are able to communicate for free?
    As long as both of you send messages from your respective countries, there will be no additional charges.

I have friends in other countries, and it does not cost me or them any extra charges to use BBM.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-05-10 08:28 PM
    Yes. I sent messages while in China back to US, Japan. I've communicated with people in Iraq, Afghanistan, Africa, Europe. The seeing when messages have been delivered and read is priceless. Plus its all encrypted so you don't have to worry about the nation your visiting being able to see the messages.
    09-05-10 09:19 PM
    its limited and takes up a whopping 6 megs of precious blackberry memory.

if you download it straight from the RIM website and select one language, its only 2.8MB. the other version is double the size due to the language packs it includes. if you are so concerned with a measly 3MB, redownload it.
    09-06-10 04:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD