I downloaded an upgrade for my BBM on my Storm2 and now I'm having a hard time.

I installed the upgrade, easy. Now, BBM isn't in my "Instant Messaging" folder, it's not in my "Application Center"... it's not in my "Download" ... it's nowhere to be found. If I look at my AppWorld thingy, it says it was installed... so I can't uninstall and start over. GAH!!

I tried to pull my battery but I can't seem to get it to come off. I just got the phone and I've never had to take it out before. Is there a secret to this!?

Anyone else having issues with the upgrades!? I'm wondering if it's a general problem or if I should see my phone provider and get some assistance!

Thanks!!
    12-13-09 04:56 PM
    try pulling the battery from one side using your nails...
    after the battery pulll... the BBM should be there... if not delete from the applications list and reinstall and do a battery pull again
    12-13-09 05:14 PM
    The best thing to do is unistall and do a reinstall again. That happened to me and this solution worked beautifully.
    12-13-09 05:16 PM
    to delete go to option>advanced options>applications>bbm>blackberry key>delete
    12-13-09 05:17 PM
    Many many many many thanks!!

I was able to pry it open with my nails from the side. That fixed it and the BBM came back.
    My contacts were lost and I wasn't able to recover but that's okay. I still had everyone's PIN so I was able to add everyone back again.

THANKS!!
    12-13-09 05:55 PM
    for future reference, the new BBM 5.0 comes with a remote backup and restore feature..you should backup remotely to an email address, then when you reinstall a newer version or something like this happens again, all you will have to do is restore from that email address and all your contacts will be restored...
    12-13-09 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD