I'm being prompted to upgrade my bbm to a new version of 5.0 but when I try to do the upgrade if follow the instructions but it comes up "access denied".Now I realize this is because I don't have internet access on my phone, but would still like the upgrade.According to blackberry.com there are no upgrades for my 8130???
    Can someone please un-confuse me?
    Btw...this upgrade prompt pops up everytime I open my bbm
    01-01-10 09:43 PM
    You don't have internet but you have BBM working?
    01-02-10 02:20 AM
    Yes cbvirgin, some folks have limited plans, with email-MMS-BBM, but no internet. Strange but true, and I sent geargirl a PM to get her the files she needs.
    01-02-10 08:49 AM
    Very interesting
    01-02-10 01:45 PM
    I don't suppose you'd mind sending me the files as well eh?

(Damn Telus and there stupid plans...)
    01-02-10 11:41 PM
    Wow...no help at all you guys.
    Just go to BB wesite and download the 5.0 BM as a seperate application. Save it to your computer, then install it through your desktop manager.
    BB Aw is crap. Real Crap. The last build has so many bugs in it that it isn't even funny. Look for the application you want through a different source like here or some where else. AW is crap.....almost as bad as that laggy, sticky iberry operating system.......sad really.
    01-03-10 11:40 AM
    Wow...no help at all you guys.
    Just go to BB wesite and download the 5.0 BM as a seperate application. Save it to your computer, then install it through your desktop manager.
    BB Aw is crap. Real Crap. The last build has so many bugs in it that it isn't even funny. Look for the application you want through a different source like here or some where else. AW is crap.....almost as bad as that laggy, sticky iberry operating system.......sad really.
    If you've a link please share it, but the only way besides an OS I'm aware of on the BB site is this one:

BlackBerry - Download BlackBerry Messenger
    01-03-10 11:53 AM
    You bet. Just take your phones browser here. blackberry.com/messenger
    I would post it as a link but I "appearantly" need more posts to do so....so very stupid.
    Its called OTA downloading and it is clear of the crappy appworld.
    Look for some specific apps this way through google when you want em.
    01-03-10 12:34 PM
    You bet. Just take your phones browser here. blackberry.com/messenger
    I would post it as a link but I "appearantly" need more posts to do so....so very stupid.
    Its called OTA downloading and it is clear of the crappy appworld.
    Look for some specific apps this way through google when you want em.
    Stillborne, if you had read the posts, these people don't have browser as part of their data service. Of course there's an OTA link, as I just posted after your comment that it could be downloaded. I have been providing these people the files, through email to install it using their desktop manager and solve their problem. App World is lousy, yes. Not allowing new users to CrackBerry to posting links, no.
    01-03-10 12:50 PM
    There should be a way to download the .jad to your desktop computer and transfer it to your media card. Then on your phone, navigate to where you placed it by using the media>explore option. I believe this allows you to install apps when you don't have internet on your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 03:16 AM
    There should be a way to download the .jad to your desktop computer and transfer it to your media card. Then on your phone, navigate to where you placed it by using the media>explore option. I believe this allows you to install apps when you don't have internet on your phone.

There is a way to do that, yes. But it requires all the files in OTA format. The jad alone would get them nowhere.
    Again, I am sending them the files to insert into there OS, on there PC, so it will install as simply as possible.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

01-07-10 03:57 AM
    I have a pearl 8120. I have downloaded the App store via the wifi connection. but when i click on the icon to use it is says.

Upgrade your service to a plan that inclueds browsing and discover a world of possibilities at Blackberry App World. contact your service provider.

with wifi i am browsing. i have a full email package so i get data and the phone has wifi. i do not have an internet package.

why should this matter if i can browse via wifi???

can anyone help? I have an unlocked 8120 tmobile phone i use for my Rogers account.

Thanks
    01-07-10 04:33 PM
    I do make some change of my Handheld Service Book. It should not have an Intrenet Browser but now it has, so I can download OTA app.

01-10-10 10:54 AM
    can you send me the files as well?
    01-13-10 12:22 PM
    If you'd be kind enough to send the files to me as well it would be greatly appreciated.
    01-13-10 02:19 PM
    Ya'll just need to PM me your email addy, and I'll make it happen.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

01-13-10 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD