Is anyone having a problem? Im in the NYC area and have checked with several BBM users on various carriers and pics are not updating.
    11-01-09 08:53 AM
    Same problem. I'm in NY on Long Island. Their pics on my BBM 5 aren't updating or even showing on SOME (but not all) of my contacts. Its a glitch or bug most likely. Battery pulls don't fix it.
    11-01-09 09:09 AM
    Which pics are you talking about? The little avatars? If so, try doing a battery pull and seeing if it updates.
    11-01-09 09:09 AM
    Same problem. I'm in NY on Long Island. Their pics on my BBM 5 aren't updating or even showing on SOME (but not all) of my contacts. Its a glitch or bug most likely. Battery pulls don't fix it.
    Some contacts wont have avatars because they have not updated. Also, sometimes they need to readd their image, it has happened to me. Have someone change their avatar, then you try a battery pull on your device, and it should update.
    11-01-09 09:10 AM
    Mine isn't updating either. I've changed my pic, then checked my brother's BB which is on T-Mobile network to see if my pic would update on his; no go. My bro changed his pic, then I checked mine which is on Verizon network to see if his pic would update; still no go.

It definitely has something to do with the BBM server. And yeah, battery pulls don't fix it.
    11-01-09 10:16 AM
    Yeah having trouble with mine as well. Glad I'm not the only one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 10:32 AM
    Same here too. My picture isn't updating and some of my friends pictures are gone. Dc area here.

11-01-09 12:15 PM
    def a server problem everyone ive asked wit a bb in nyc is havn same prob
    11-01-09 12:22 PM
    i'm in amsterdam and i'm having the same problems, people do see the recent updates about my display name, but not my pic. changed my pic a few times but still updating
    11-01-09 03:09 PM
    I see all my bbm friends pic but thd new one are getting blank avatar.

11-01-09 03:15 PM
    Looks like there are several similar threads about this...hopefully someone from RIM will catch on
    11-02-09 09:44 PM
    The funny part is that in the BBM Groups I can see some of the updated pics, but they arent showing up/changing in the contacts, convo, profiles.

I just chalked it up that maybe I hit my max number of pic changes for the month.
    11-03-09 08:57 AM
    I'm facing same issue. I can see some of my contacts. I noticed that if I can see my friends' avatars, they can see mine. If I can't see theirs, neither can they see mine. Annoying issue. Batt pull + reinstallation didn't solve the issue.

11-03-09 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD