04-20-12 01:31 AM
29 12
tools
    Anyone else having issues with voice notes since the latest BBM upgrade?

I can no longer record notes from within BBM. I have to use the external recorder.

I thought the update was supposed to make it EASIER to send files!
    04-19-12 12:46 PM
    I am assuming you have done the usual battery pull. Is it to all contacts or just some?
    04-19-12 01:52 PM
    I did two battery pulls. Well, I only have 3 contacts. Guess it isn't an issue, just a glitch with mine.
    04-19-12 01:53 PM
    It is easier to send files, I sent lots today, must be just you, always finding something to complain about BB. Moan moan lol, try a reboot.
    04-19-12 01:55 PM
    Are you using the newest official or the beta BBM?
    04-19-12 01:55 PM
    It is easier to send files, I sent lots today, must be just you, always finding something to complain about BB. Moan moan lol, try a reboot.
    Well, when BlackBerry stops with all the random glitches maybe I'll stop complaining. That's a big maybe. Battery pulls are a part of having a BlackBerry....but it shouldn't be.

Now I remember why you were on my ignore list. :/
    raino likes this.
    04-19-12 01:58 PM
    Are you using the newest official or the beta BBM?
    Official. I can't imagine using beta. Ha. Bugs enough with official.
    04-19-12 02:00 PM
    Actually I went straight from the stock BBM to the beta without issue on the 9900 and 9930. You might want to give it a try. I have not seen any other reports in the beta threads of this.

BlackBerry Beta Zone If you need to sign up / sign in.
    04-19-12 02:01 PM
    Thanks for the link. I really don't want to be a beta tester. I just want the stock voice notes to work. Hopefully will fix itself.
    04-19-12 02:06 PM
    Does the voice notes in BBM give you an error when you try to record?
    04-19-12 02:11 PM
    No error. But when I try to record the timer sometimes doesn't count down. Sometimes it does but doesn't stop recording. Then both scenarios it just won't send.

I guess I could just call but it's just quick notes.
    04-19-12 02:16 PM
    Hi Chrisy,
    seems to be workign on mine.. actually I also noticed that the convenience key starts the voice recorder now on mine.. no way to disable it either.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-19-12 02:18 PM
    Really? Within BBM? I'll have to give that a try. Spike, what device? Thanks for the confirm that it's working.
    04-19-12 02:22 PM
    Really? Within BBM? I'll have to give that a try. Spike, what device? Thanks for the confirm that it's working.
    Yes, did you even bother to read the update? Thats the whole thing about it, set right convenience key to open bbm and it will open voicenotes when bbm is open.
    04-19-12 02:38 PM
    I have a 9700 on OS 6.0.0.706 and bbm version 6.2.0.44, I also have my usb input side convenience key set to bbm messenger if that makes any difference, its also the one starting the voice recorder.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-19-12 02:39 PM
    No I didn't. And that's not even what I'm concerned about.

The voice notes are not working.

Did you even bother reading the OP?

Lemme guess, next you'll start saying how great BBM is for internation. Even though I don't know anyone outside US.

Back on ignore...
    Last edited by chrisy520; 04-19-12 at 02:44 PM.
    04-19-12 02:40 PM
    I'll try deleting BBM and reinstalling. Thanks, Spike.
    04-19-12 02:42 PM
    Hi Chrisy, as you know I also have a 9650 and I just checked and it's not working on my phone either. It's really no big deal for me as I never use it for the 9 BBM contacts I have anyway. I still would like for it to work because it's suppose to with the new BBM update. Please let me know what you find.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-19-12 02:46 PM
    It's working for me as well, and I don't have either of the convenience keys set to BBM. Try deleting/uninstalling BBM from application management, then reboot. Then, again under app management, look for any remaining BBM modules, and if you find any, delete them. Then re-install BBM.

It shouldn't be this difficult though
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-19-12 02:50 PM
    Hi Chrisy, as you know I also have a 9650 and I just checked and it's not working on my phone either. It's really no big deal for me as I never use it for the 9 BBM contacts I have anyway. I still would like for it to work because it's suppose to with the new BBM update. Please let me know what you find.
    Thank you!

There's not that many 9650 users left to test

I don't use it a lot either. But I want features to work in case I do.

I'll let ya know.
    04-19-12 02:51 PM
    It's working for me as well, and I don't have either of the convenience keys set to BBM. Try deleting/uninstalling BBM from application management, then reboot. Then, again under app management, look for any remaining BBM modules, and if you find any, delete them. Then re-install BBM.

It shouldn't be this difficult though
    Sorry, I'm on wap. Are you 9650?

I'll give that a try. No, shouldn't be this hard.
    04-19-12 02:53 PM
    It takes so long to upload BBM, I don't really want to do it. After you delete and reinstall BBM could please let me know your findings . I'm lazy today
    04-19-12 03:04 PM
    Sounds like it's a device specific problem. Why don't you reboot into safe mode and see if it's working. Might be a conflict with another app.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-19-12 03:08 PM
    Okay, I'll try that first. I don't have too many apps installed but it could be. Though it was working ok before the update. Worth a try!

Thanks guys.
    04-19-12 03:24 PM
    It's working Chrisy, I guess the delete and reinstall worked. Maybe it just needed to be deleted from "application management" and a fresh download......what's that convenience key all about, is that a 99xx thing??
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-19-12 03:42 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD