So, last time I changed devices (old curve to new curve) I backed up my old curve and simply restored my new curve. BBM was as if nothing happened, people could bbm me and I could bbm them (all my contacts were restored) as if literally nothing happened.

But now, I just got the new bold and I backed up my old curve and restored all the data to my new bold. Great, so all everything got restored all my contacts pics etc, and my bbm contacts as well. HOWEVER, when I bbm someone it says "this person doesn't have you as a contact, reinvite them?" and also, I asked my friend to bbm and it didn't go through, it said I'm not one of his contacts. So, the miracle that happened with the two curves didn't happen this time. I know its possible because my buddy did it. Does it have anything to do with the new bbm being backed up to my memory card?

PLEASE HELP
    06-26-10 11:38 PM
    im more curious why you posted this in the Bold 9700 section and not the 8330 or Native Apps forum.

when using Device Switch Wizard in Desktop Manager, it should automatically transfer all your stuff and update people with your PIN change. also, BBM 5.0 offers a backup/restore feature. once your email address is registered on your new device, it should automatically restore your BBM list.
    06-27-10 12:36 AM
    Could be that the BBM version on your Bold is 4.7, which will not do the process automatically. Hit up app world and upgrade to the latest version and see if that restores them properly (with PIN updates taking place automatically). That baffled me at first as well when I got my Bold, until I realized it actually started off with an older version of BBM.
    06-27-10 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD