There is a weird icon in my text messages that looks like a little cellphone and it's a BBM message. Usually BBM messages show up in with my other Messages Folder..example: gmail/hotmail.

This was sometime ago and I had since stopped worrying about it, but then my phone went caput and I got a new one sent to me. I just recently realized I hadn't upgraded to BBM 5.0 so I did that and had it recover contacts from my email I had setup and it reverted some of my old messages too...including this weird icon one.

Only thing is, now it's showing up in my Email Message Folder and I can't delete it. Does anyone know what I can do to make this disappear or fill me in on why it's a different icon than what I'm used to for BBM or SMS...

Here is the old photo of the icon in my SMS Folder before my old phone stopped working.

03-18-10 03:55 PM
    It's a contact you added to BBM that doesn't have a BB. You can "unlink" them through BBM if you want to, or just delete them from BBM.
    03-18-10 04:01 PM
    Hmm that makes some sense. But Chris Greig and Grazamataz are the same person I don't know how he's in the twice. It only shows a Grazamataz in my BBM. It could be connecting him to my gmail account cause that's his gmail name but he's got a BB so I don't know what the deal is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 04:25 PM
    Do you use Google Sync? That is weird that it's the same person twice. I would maybe try to delete both of them, then add him back as a contact. See if that would help at all??? Weird...
    03-18-10 04:39 PM
    Do you use Google Sync? That is weird that it's the same person twice. I would maybe try to delete both of them, then add him back as a contact. See if that would help at all??? Weird...
    I haven't used Google Sync since my Curve which was 2 phones ago and I don't think I ever used BBM on it...I could be wrong though. I still don't understand why I can't delete that message though. I even cleared out all the chat that was in it...still doesn't go away after I click end chat.
    03-18-10 04:49 PM
    Its for SMS texts for that contact u have. Whenever you add a contact with their cell phone number instead of their PIN #, that cell phone icon shows up next to their name

03-18-10 04:53 PM
    Yep! Correct. It's a text message. If you have a contact in BBM and your contact list and they TEXT you, it will show in BBM with the phone icon.

03-18-10 04:57 PM
    I have a contact this happens to as well, On two occasions they sent me messages they would not delete out of my message box until I did a battery pull? He had a older version of BBM he was using and when he upgraded it hasn't happen again.
    03-18-10 04:57 PM
    Its for SMS texts for that contact u have. Whenever you add a contact with their cell phone number instead of their PIN #, that cell phone icon shows up next to their name

That makes sense. When I was viewing the Contact Info for him in BBM it showed both a phone # and a PIN #. I deleted him and then added him using his PIN and now it just shows his PIN in the Contact info in BBM. The weird Cellphone icon still wouldn't delete though. I did a battery pull and it was gone...

I'll see if he's still using an older BBM. Can you use BBM 5.0 on older devices still running OS 4.X?
    03-18-10 05:32 PM
    Can you use BBM 5.0 on older devices still running OS 4.X?
    You need to be running at least 4.5.0.131 or higher...
    03-18-10 05:36 PM
    You need to be running at least 4.5.0.131 or higher...
    Thanks. All my other BB friends are on the older Curve...that should be good right?
    03-18-10 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD