So I think I learned something new today and just want to check. I had a buddy that once had a BB and was on my BBM list. however it crapped out and he went back to his old phone. Since he was still on my list when he texted me today it showed up in BBM only with a little phone icon next to it to symbolize a text message not a BBM.

Anyone else notice this?
    11-11-09 11:03 AM
    I assume your running 5.0. You can add SMS contacts to BBM and send standard texts through BBM. If he has the same phone number they will show up in BBM.
    11-11-09 11:13 AM
    Lol yes.

When you go to add a contact, you can add them by phone number. You can do this for people who dont' even have BBs. I have a few iphone friends that are in my BBM. You just see a little phone icon by their name instead of the BBM icon. Pretty nifty.
    11-11-09 11:14 AM
    I assume your running 5.0. You can add SMS contacts to BBM and send standard texts through BBM. If he has the same phone number they will show up in BBM.
    I am... ok that makes sense, the number was the same, just not a bb anymore.

Thanks.
    11-11-09 11:15 AM
    If you send via SMS thru BBM are you still limited by the annoying character limit when you send messages to an SMS contact?
    11-11-09 11:42 AM
    Just remove his contact from BBM and it will go away
    11-11-09 11:48 AM
    Just remove his contact from BBM and it will go away
    I did.. I prefer to keep sms, email, and bbm separate.
    11-11-09 11:51 AM
    I wonder why it does this. why would RIM assume we would want our SMS's to show up in BBM if we have contacts in the phone and in BBM....
    11-11-09 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD