05-23-12 11:19 PM
    Cool stuff.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=immcOhscCiw[/YT]
    05-23-12 11:47 PM
    Just throwing ideas around. We have BBM connected apps, why not BBM connected stores. Just like how we saw in that video, the bar uses BBM to order drinks. Also, BBM users get some sort of benefits out of owning a blackberry. Like with credit cards. Sort of like a foursquare, groupon, poynt sort of thing.

For example, I can go on BB Maps, search for nearby restaurants/bars which are BBM connected, it will give more info and what are the benefits of it. You can place reservations via BBM. Place orders via BBM. and once you're done you can pay with the NFC on your Blackberry. This will maybe (a huge huge maybe) entice consumers to see Blackberry as part of a lifestyle, not just a phone. It will also bring BBM to the next level, of just not existing inside a blackberry phone and apps, but also in real life as well.

hmmm.

(But then again, I do have a huge huge concern. If I went to that bar, and then add them on BBM to order my drinks, what happens after i leave the store? I saw in the video that the user ordered by typing "Table 3, martini." So what if someone had left the store? BBM contact is still on my BBM, and someone decides to plays a prank and order something, where in fact he is not even in the store? How will they differentiate between the current customers and pass customers?)
    05-24-12 02:03 AM
    ...(But then again, I do have a huge huge concern. If I went to that bar, and then add them on BBM to order my drinks, what happens after i leave the store? I saw in the video that the user ordered by typing "Table 3, martini." So what if someone had left the store? BBM contact is still on my BBM, and someone decides to plays a prank and order something, where in fact he is not even in the store? How will they differentiate between the current customers and pass customers?)
    You are identified when you send the BBM.
    05-24-12 06:55 AM
    A friend creates art. I am going to suggest she set up a BBM broadcast list with exclusive clients. Only those on the list will have first dibs on new pieces and, maybe special discounts. The point of having a BB here is being an individual. When all others wear the bitten apple uniform, we are apart, and I think, above the rest.
    05-24-12 07:03 AM
    A friend creates art. I am going to suggest she set up a BBM broadcast list with exclusive clients. Only those on the list will have first dibs on new pieces and, maybe special discounts. The point of having a BB here is being an individual. When all others wear the bitten apple uniform, we are apart, and I think, above the rest.
    But do all of these clients use a bb?
    05-24-12 07:48 AM
    But do all of these clients use a bb?
    No, I'd venture to say very few have BBs. But that is what makes it exclusive. She does not want to offer steep discounts to a lot of people. This self-limits the membership.
    05-24-12 12:24 PM
    No, I'd venture to say very few have BBs. But that is what makes it exclusive. She does not want to offer steep discounts to a lot of people. This self-limits the membership.
    It also has the potential of alienating her other clients. There's no opt-in for her other regulars, unlike a selective mailing.
    05-24-12 02:07 PM
    I would guess that she is more interested on selling her art than promoting BBM.
    05-24-12 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD