I recently had an OS crash on my tour, so I reloaded 4.7.1.61. When I reloaded it symbols that I use on bbm such as radioactive sign, skull and cross bones, stars, etc, they all show up as black boxes now, not only on bbm but on my emails as well. Does anybody have any idea how I can get these back? Before my os crashed I was still using 4.7 and these symbols worked. Is there some sort of firewall that prevents these from showing? Any ideas at all? Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 10:54 AM
    Good question. They have always shown up as black boxes on my Tour. I have never had them actually show up. Does anyone have a fix to this?
    02-21-10 10:58 AM
    Yeah they originally all showed up. Think I just got lucky in the beginning? Lol I hope not, its soo annoying because my bbm name had a star in it and even though everyone else saw it, I wasn't able to and it bugs me a lot. Think it could be the font now that I think of it? Cause I now use a lightning strike and in casual font it shows up as an actual lighting bolt where as in other fonts It shows up as an arrow.

02-21-10 12:59 PM
    That sucks...care 2 share some of those signs if you still have a source for them? I'm always on the hunt for different symbols LOL

02-21-10 01:17 PM
    Yeah I have them on my computer so if I paste it on here I'm not sure if they'll show up as boxes or the actually symbol. But everyone has these symbols in their computer and just don't know it. I use a mac, on my mac I was actually in chat general preferences, I clicked on messages, then set font. On the bottom of the window ull see a plus sign, a minus sign, and what look likes a little gear, click then that scroll down to characters, and u get tons of them that u can try emailing to urself then copy and past into bbm. On a pc I know there was somehow who earlier posted about it that's why I tried finding it on a mac. For pcs should be in the font settings somewhere where u can find extra characters and symbols. Hope this helps.... Can anyone help meee? Lolol :d

02-21-10 01:44 PM
    Yea I seen those on a pc...but iv never seen a radioactive sign or skull & crossbows & to the OG question for some its a font issue...cuz they cudnt see my icons either for others I think its an OS thing cuz those with 5.0 could see it but others cudnt...I dunno how that relates but that's what's been experience lol

02-21-10 03:29 PM
    Wingdings and webdings are where they are located.

02-21-10 03:51 PM
    ◊▲▼☛☚☞☜☝✌☻☺☹☼☀☁☂☃☄☠☢☣✇★✡✢✣✤✥✧✪✩✬✰✯✱✴✾❂❃☆

thats what i got from my computer. I hope they come out like actual symbols. IF anyone knows any fix to what im talking about please let me know. Thanks guys
    02-21-10 04:18 PM
    My question too, but after having this cell for the past 7 mos, I think its not possible for a lot of symbols to work. Best advice: email yourself as many symbols as you can and save whichever ones show up/work on your Tour.

02-21-10 04:27 PM
    Ive done that already, but no i got the phone literally the first day it was available for verizon in new york. I did all the software updates that were official and done through the verizon wireless wireless upgrade. I had every symbol working, i dont know how but i did. Then my os crashed, and i reloaded and restored data but my symbols just dont work. If they worked at one point, theyyve gotta work again, somehow.
    02-21-10 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD