Hey all, can anyone please help me out? I am a cop and a weapons instructor. I am looking for a symbol of a pistol to use next to my BBM name. Not to get too picky, but a glock would be ideal. Any guidance would be appreciated. Please email glock4027@yahoo.com with any assistance.
    10-17-09 12:19 PM
    Thats a tough request. I've seen hundreds of symbols, but have never seen a gun.
    10-17-09 12:31 PM
    You're going to have to photoshop somethin I think.
    10-18-09 05:59 AM
    Just look up 'glock silhouette' in google images, throw it in photoshop, push the contrast to 100, and you'll have it.
    10-18-09 06:01 AM
    something like this? takes about 2 minutes

Don't get too fancy because the icon will be half the size of a fingernail when seen.
    10-18-09 06:08 AM
    something like this? takes about 2 minutes

Don't get too fancy because the icon will be half the size of a fingernail when seen.
    pretty sure he was talking about a unicode symbol, like hearts, or etc.
    10-18-09 06:13 AM
    yeeeah.. don't know of any unicode symbols of a glock.
    10-18-09 06:15 AM
    Here's an idea, place your weapon on a contrasting surface, snap a pic with your berry, save the pic, go to BBM and view your profile, highlight the block where you can place a pic/avatar/whatever hit the BBmenu button, select "change display picture" browse for the saved pic of your weapon in your berry select it et voila, a custom icon of a service issue Glock, which since the weapon is actually yours as long as it is in service and you took the pic, no one can raise any copyright violation arguments... Also, you could use variations of that arrangement by snapping pics during various stages of weapon assembly, etc just to have something other than a static Glock on a table or whatever... BBM may require you to crop the image, but since you've taken the pic with your device and not with a higher resolution camera, it won't really compromise the pic that much...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 03:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD