I currently have a BlackBerry Tour 9630 with Sprint. If I linked my BBM contacts with my email address and I switch providers and get the Blackberry Bold 9700 and set up that same email address under T-Mobile, would all my BBM contacts transfer over and will my new pin show up on their contact list?

Thanks for your help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 05:41 PM
    yeah, or use your Desktop Manager

05-09-10 05:56 PM
    What I mean is: BBM 5.0 has a feature that restores your contact list and display name if you switch BlackBerries and it will automatically update your new pin on everyone's contact list that you're currently on. If I switched providers and set up the same email address that's linked to my BBM account, would my contact list be restored with my display name and will the new pin of the BB on the new provider update on all of my friends' contact lists also?

I really wanna know before I make the switch. Thanks again for your help!

05-09-10 06:24 PM
    yes it will.

what you might have to do first is re-send your service books then go and do the restore process in BBM.
    05-09-10 07:31 PM
    yes it will.

what you might have to do first is re-send your service books then go and do the restore process in BBM.
    05-09-10 07:33 PM
    yes it will work. i did the same thing when i switched from sprint to att. had a curve, fired up my bold and restored my contacts via email. no prob.

by the way bbm will also change your pin number in your contacts' bbm automatically
    05-09-10 07:35 PM
    You can do 4 things:
    - Remote email backup (not that reliable)
    - Media card backup (reliable)
    - Desktop manager device switch wizard (more reliable)
    - Desktop manager backup then restore (most reliable)
    05-10-10 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD