Ok so I was using my bbm abroad over wifi and it was working perfectly. For some reason I had to restart my phone and after that my bbm stopped working and I stopped receiving my emails. Please can anyone help with this problem? I don't understand what happened! I called my carrier provider back home and they said it has nothing to do with them, they told me its something with my phone. what happened and how can I fix this??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 04:24 AM
    - When you are connected to the wifi, is the wifi icon bright white ?

- Have you tried a Battery Pull ? While the phone is on, take the battery out and put it back in after a couple of minutes

- Many users have had this issue. So there's nothing to really worry about except of the fact that you can't recieve BBMs and Emails while Abroad
    08-26-10 06:21 AM
    - When you are connected to the wifi, is the wifi icon bright white ?

- Have you tried a Battery Pull ? While the phone is on, take the battery out and put it back in after a couple of minutes

- Many users have had this issue. So there's nothing to really worry about except of the fact that you can't recieve BBMs and Emails while Abroad
    No my wifi icon is not bright whie, what does that mean?
    I tried doing a battery pull several times and still no luck
    So I'm guessing there's no solution to this...great,well thanks anyway!

08-26-10 11:28 AM
    The WiFi bright white icon means that you are connected to BlackBerry Services (BIS/BES) through your Wi-Fi connections. It can take a few minutes after you connect to your wireless network
    08-26-10 02:50 PM
    Is anything else that's wireless able to connect to that access point you were getting Wi-Fi from? That would be an easier step to try before stating the phone is the problem. Also, depending on what carrier you have, check your Mobile Network section to see if your connection preference is set to 'Wi-Fi Preferred'. I have that option on T-Mobile Curve 8900. On other carriers, not sure if there's that option.
    08-26-10 07:24 PM
    Is anything else that's wireless able to connect to that access point you were getting Wi-Fi from? That would be an easier step to try before stating the phone is the problem. Also, depending on what carrier you have, check your Mobile Network section to see if your connection preference is set to 'Wi-Fi Preferred'. I have that option on T-Mobile Curve 8900. On other carriers, not sure if there's that option.
    Yes I can connect to the wifi through my laptop and my brother is using his bbm through wifi as well, so I'm pretty sure its from my phone. And no I don't have the wifi preference option .

08-27-10 01:49 AM
    -Delete your saved wifi network from your BlackBerry, Reboot and set it up again. ( Setup Wi-fi )
    -Reset your Router with a toothpic. There usually is a reset button on its back
    08-27-10 08:06 AM
    If you had to turn off your phone, then it got unregistered from the BIS network... try this, turn on the data services for a few minutes (or until you get an email with "registered" on the subject). After that do the following: Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options > Data Services: ON > While Roamin: Off...

You should be able to connect to wifi now, and surf and bbm and what-not...

Good luck
    10-27-10 06:21 PM
    Hi, im abroad at the moment and connected to wifi and internet is wokring fine, my bbm was working fine yesterday but today it isnt and I havent changed any settings that I know of, any help?
    03-26-13 03:29 AM
    Hi,I just got abroad and initially my BBM was working with wifi.i decided to get a T-mobile sim yesterday and the BBM is now gone. I tried various options like reinstalling my local sim,hard restart et al but its still not working.i can see the wifi signal on the fone though.can any1 please help me with solution to this problem?
    11-03-13 03:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD