I couldn't use BBM on my old Boost Mobile BB so I'm new to it now that I have a torch. I am unsure if the message that shows as status to your friends is what you type in the "Personal Message:" section or what you may type and choose as a personalized status. Can someone explain the two to me and what is different between them? I'm sure this may be the wrong place for it but hope someone can help me with this.
    03-23-11 01:28 PM
    Say your busy and than you can personalize it to say in meetings or Busy at work that's all the personalize status means. When your available than it will be just the status you pick and enter
    tumblingdice03 likes this.
    03-23-11 01:42 PM
    Status is to show your either Available/Busy or whatever you create...Personal Message is what will show up under your display name and all your contacts will be able to view
    03-23-11 05:34 PM
    Status is to show your either Available/Busy or whatever you create...Personal Message is what will show up under your display name and all your contacts will be able to view
    Yep, exactly right. But it is set up in a confusing way. The reality is you could use either to achieve the same end. Either way your BBM contacts would see what you've set for either/both.

I'm sure this may be the wrong place for it but hope someone can help me with this.
    Yes, this should be in the Native Apps Forum, which is basically for discussion of apps made by RIM.
    No big deal! I'll ask someone to move it...
    03-23-11 07:49 PM
    @tumblingdice03:

Just thought of something you'll like! You can actually add yourself as a BBM Contact. (Just go to invite a new BBM Contact and enter your own PIN.)

Then you play around with updating your Status vs your Personal Message and see how it appears to others.
    03-23-11 08:25 PM
    WOW that will be great so I'll give that a try. Exactly what I was wishing was that I could somehow see what the others see and then I'd know.
    03-23-11 08:26 PM
    Thought you'd like that!
    03-23-11 08:29 PM
    @tumblingdice03:

Just thought of something you'll like! You can actually add yourself as a BBM Contact. (Just go to invite a new BBM Contact and enter your own PIN.)

Then you play around with updating your Status vs your Personal Message and see how it appears to others.
    very clever...
    03-23-11 09:16 PM
    very clever...
    I try my best.

Actually came in a little handy a couple months back when BBM had server issues and your avatar appeared blank to others or wouldn't update, but you wouldn't know it.
    03-24-11 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD