hey guys just wondering with the bbm status thing where u can go to busy does it stop your phone from notifying you with the vibrate/ringtone but still has the icon to let u know you have a notification from bbm? for example when you put msn on busy it just displays the icon on ur pc that u have a message but doesnt beep.
    12-25-09 01:47 AM
    Hi! Not sure I understand your question accurately but if you are asking this; maybe I can help. If you change your status to BUSY on bbm, it DOES NOT stop it from sending a message on to you. I believe the best you can do to not be interrupted (let's say you put up BUSY because you're at work) is to put your phone on quiet profile so the notification doesn't sound. Or set up a profile where bbm messages DON'T make a sound. That, I believe is the only way you won't be notified.
    Does that answer your question?
    12-26-09 01:23 PM
    i didnt want to stop it from sending i just dont want it to make a sound or vibrate. just a notification on my screen like as if windows live messenger would do on a pc if your on busy.

yea sorta does. cbfed doin all that. thought busy would just stop bbm from making any sounds or vibrate.
    12-27-09 12:41 PM
    No, sorry. Busy doesn't stop it from making a sound or vibrating. But you can make your profile for Normal so that it does not make a sound. Or you can simply put your phone on Quiet and have no sounds for anything. Remember, you can go into any profile and set all notifications individually.
    12-27-09 12:56 PM
    Jaydee, why is this?

I recently got a 8520 curve and the BBM that came with the phone had that feature as once you put your status as busy/unavailable you still got the notifications just no sound.

Why then when I upgraded to the new BBM that feature went? It was most convenient...
    Is there no way to get this feature back?
    Last edited by Kimberly_M; 10-04-10 at 11:04 AM.
    10-04-10 11:00 AM
    Kimberly,
    I don't know of any version of BBM that would do that. If you set your status to busy or unavailable that's basically all you do. It doesn't stop anything else from happening. It doesn't stop notification from coming and it doesn't stop sounds.

For sound notifications to stop, you would have to set your phone on silent profile. As far as I know, NO version of BBM has ever had this feature and I have had BBs for the past three and a half years... and every flavor of BBM there is, as I am a beta tester for BBM as well.
    I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong but I don't think there has been a BBM that will block sounds when you put up a busy status.

Set your sound profile to silent or vibrate and then it won't bother you either way.
    10-04-10 04:40 PM
    It was a 8520 Curve and the bbm that came with the phone. Unless there was a glitch but EVERY TIME i put it on unavailable the sound was silenced which I thought made a lot of sense...

Oh well...
    10-04-10 08:11 PM
    It was a 8520 Curve and the bbm that came with the phone. Unless there was a glitch but EVERY TIME i put it on unavailable the sound was silenced which I thought made a lot of sense...

Oh well...
    Oh funny thing is it makes WONDERFUL sense. Unfortunately, I don't think RIM ever wrote the OS like that. I don't know why!

But that would be perfect, wouldn't it? Put your status on busy and be undisturbed. But it doesn't work. Unfortunately we have to rely on the kindness and character of our BBM buddies to respect our wishes and NOT message us when they see the status. And we know that doesn't always happen, does it?
    10-04-10 08:17 PM
    Yea
    Guess I shouldn't have upgraded lol...

Thank you for replying
    10-04-10 08:20 PM
    That's the good old 4.6 messenger days that had those features.
    10-04-10 08:28 PM
    Oh look what you would have missed had you not upgraded! lol
    That's something to consider for an improvement to BBM, though. Can't tell you how many times mine has gone "dong" while my boss was standing near me. LMAO
    10-04-10 08:31 PM
    That's the good old 4.6 messenger days that had those features.
    So I wasn't imagining...
    10-04-10 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD