Hey. I received a bbm message today from one of my contacts this is what it read.
    "??Your blackberry will be updated within 24 hours it will have a new lay out and a new colour for chat
    ??Dear Blackberry users,
    We are going to do a update for bbm from 11pm till 5am this to day. You if you don't send this to all your contacts your update will be cancelled and you would not be alowed to chat with you contacts as you have the old version. "
    Needless to say I found this pretty odd. Just interested if anybody else got anything like this or what your thoughts are. Btw I have the capture it app to take screenshots. How do I post them in the forums?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 09:10 PM
    Its exactly what u said it was spam ....tell ur contact to stop sending u BS.

09-26-10 09:19 PM
    Tell that contact to stop sending you HOAXES. That is a CHAIN MESSAGE and it DOES NOTHING if it's not forwarded OR if it's forwarded, NOTHING will happen.

Bogus stuff like that, is bogus.

09-26-10 09:45 PM
    Yeah I just never received messages like this through bbm. I don't know what anybody could gain by starting something like this in the first place. Its not like email where it could be tracked or addresses could be harvested. I don't get it.

09-26-10 09:53 PM
    Oh here we go again with these BS spams.

09-26-10 10:47 PM
    i got one like this via text, with the olsen twins, and there were promises i just couldn't pass up by not sending. alas, i was let down, as it was just blatant chain main garbage.
    09-26-10 11:48 PM
    Haha, my girlfriend forwarded this to me and I was like, "this can't be serious...right?"
    09-26-10 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD