Been getting a few msg from friends on bbm..

Anyone else get this?

"do not accept a friend request from a ASELA EKANAYAKE he is a hacker. Tell everyone on your list because if somebody on your list adds him u get him on your list too and he'll figure out your computer's ID and address, so copy and paste this message to everyone even if you don't care for them cause if he hacks their em......ail he hacks your email too. "CUT AND PASTE THIS".plz send this 2 u r friends.

Chain email or something I am missing from RIM's top notch security??
    11-24-09 09:41 AM
    The message doesn't even make an sense, but its just a hoax. http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/chri...d-hoax-321112/
    11-24-09 10:02 AM
    Thanks for clarifying that.
    11-24-09 10:07 AM
    How stupid must people be to play the hoax card over and over again?
    11-24-09 10:07 AM
    seems like a hoax..
    11-24-09 10:12 AM
    The message itself is the spam. The ***** who created it gets tons of people to foward it. The same thing happens all the time in email.
    11-24-09 10:26 AM
    i was most interested in hearing if it was possible to hack the blackberry.. i guess not just yet
    11-24-09 01:40 PM
    Unless ASELA is a character from Heroes, it's physically impossible to "figure out your computer ID and address".

Seriously, how is it that people with BlackBerries can be so technologically-inane?
    11-24-09 03:30 PM
    I just got this very suspicious bbm invite "HACKER ASELA would like to add you to his or her BlackBerry Messenger Contact List." Here is a screen shot http://www.mypict.me/1MTu6
    11-29-09 05:31 PM
    Screenshot doesn't work.
    11-29-09 05:44 PM
    Screenshot doesn't work.
    Works for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 07:14 PM
    i tell my friends how lame/stupid they are for forwarding trash like that to me.
    11-29-09 09:08 PM
    i tell my friends how lame/stupid they are for forwarding trash like that to me.
    No one foreword anything to me,this is an actual invite that "I" got today,

11-29-09 09:44 PM
    No one foreword anything to me,this is an actual invite that "I" got today,

yea but i get forwarded crap like this all the time on my BBM from people and also from people on FB. its just stupid how people fall for this junk and pass it on like its some FEMA emergency plan for the martian invasion of earth.
    11-29-09 09:51 PM
    OH NOS ITS A BBM SPAM WITH A VIRUS...ITS GONNA EAT MY FONE!
    11-29-09 09:57 PM
    yea but i get forwarded crap like this all the time on my BBM from people and also from people on FB. its just stupid how people fall for this junk and pass it on like its some FEMA emergency plan for the martian invasion of earth.
    Did you ever get an actual invitation like this? I also ignore these kind of bbm and emails, but this time I actually got this invite not just a stupid friend scaring me, I'm wondering if anyone else got something like this, the funny thing is that on the place that should display the pin number,it only displays a numeric number, this is probably spam but I never know that there is spam on bb.

11-29-09 10:01 PM
    Did you ever get an actual invitation like this? I also ignore these kind of bbm and emails, but this time I actually got this invite not just a stupid friend scaring me, I'm wondering if anyone else got something like this, the funny thing is that on the place that should display the pin number,it only displays a numeric number, this is probably spam but I never know that there is spam on bb.

i have never gotten an actual invite before. and was the number displayed still 8 characters in length? a PIN is hexadecimal and can be all numbers or a combo of letters and numbers (0-9, A-E).
    11-29-09 10:29 PM
    i have never gotten an actual invite before. and was the number displayed still 8 characters in length? a PIN is hexadecimal and can be all numbers or a combo of letters and numbers (0-9, A-E).
    It is 8 numbers,I never saw a pin before consisting of numbers only,( I guess the berry is not that secure after all, there is spam on bbm,even though bbm runs only on rims internal network,and there is bb eavesdropping software as well)

11-29-09 10:40 PM
    It is 8 numbers,I never saw a pin before consisting of numbers only,( I guess the berry is not that secure after all, there is spam on bbm,even though bbm runs only on rims internal network,and there is bb eavesdropping software as well)

ive seen alot of t-mobile and other GSM BB's with all number PINs.

im sure someone is either playing a joke on ya or someone actually decided to change their BBM screenname to that guys name and started adding people at random. i wouldnt sweat it.
    11-30-09 12:08 AM
    i just got the same invite the second time
    11-30-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD