Hi guys,

Something strange happened, when I receive a SMS of a guy who also is in my BBM list, I get a BBM sound for his sms. Thereby, the icon of the sms is not an envelop such as a normal sms, but instead, it is a mobilephone icon.
    Why is this? It is confusing to get a BBM sound for a sms and what does that different icon mean?
    12-30-09 11:15 AM
    This is a known issue . Although I've never had this issue before. Maybe you should try a different OS , or do a battery pull
    12-30-09 11:24 AM
    in BBM select the contact who sent you the text (or whoever is "linked")on the contacts list. then click the bb/menu button and select "Remove contacts link". the contact is linked between your BBM contact list and your phone's contact list, so thats why texts are showing up in bbm also.
    12-30-09 11:32 AM
    And that icon means ( i think) that it is an SMS and not a BBM message. A way to differentiate on your message list.
    12-30-09 11:34 AM
    in BBM select the contact who sent you the text (or whoever is "linked")on the contacts list. then click the bb/menu button and select "Remove contacts link". the contact is linked between your BBM contact list and your phone's contact list, so thats why texts are showing up in bbm also.
    Ok I removed 'contacts link' now, waiting for another sms to check if its gone.

But can someone tell me why this happens? Is the contacts link made automatic? And if so, what does this contacts link imply?
    12-30-09 12:13 PM
    That's intentional mate... is intended for u to integrate BBM with sms instead running both separate... if u don't like it u could do what SteveOstorm suggested.

Cheers!!
    12-30-09 12:22 PM
    But sms costs money, and bbm is free, so why is it intentionally integrated in one?
    its not smart, because the both are not the same....

So when someone of my BBM SMSes me, I need to know its sms and not free to reply, instead of BBM.

its a weird situation.....
    12-30-09 12:43 PM
    But sms costs money, and bbm is free, so why is it intentionally integrated in one?

So when someone of my BBM SMSes me, I need to know its sms and not free to reply, instead of BBM.

Actually, if you look at it this way BBM isn't free since you have to pay for BIS or BES.
    12-30-09 12:46 PM

If you see the "phone icon" in BBM that means it's a SMS not a BBM. Also, if they are in your BBM you could just send them one of those instead of a SMS. Maybe it will teach that person to send you BBM's instead of a SMS.
    12-30-09 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD