girlfriend just called me from work telling me her bbm sounds arent working even after a restart, but every other sound works

so i told her i would make this thread so someone can help and she can read when she gets home from work lol

thanks guys
    03-21-10 11:25 AM
    Mine work, but not while in the chat itself. Annoys the **** out of me cause I like leaving the chat(s) open and still being notified but the sonar.
    03-21-10 11:42 AM
    that's enough to keep me on 320. One of the main reasons I bought a BB is for BBM. if 517 has screwed up the messenger alerts, I'd be pissed.
    03-21-10 11:45 AM
    that's enough to keep me on 320. One of the main reasons I bought a BB is for BBM. if 517 has screwed up the messenger alerts, I'd be pissed.
    it didnt screw it up, dear lord you believe because one person has something happen to their phone it means its widespread and happens with everyones.

anyway mine works fine, i get my sound no matter if i have the conversation open or not. Make sure she check her sound profiles and reset the sound she wants for them
    03-21-10 12:14 PM
    lol @ that guy, but yeah mine is working flawlessly, do you think deleting the program then re installing would make any difference??
    03-21-10 12:52 PM
    Just reload the OS and it should fix your problem.
    03-21-10 12:54 PM
    lol @ that guy, but yeah mine is working flawlessly, do you think deleting the program then re installing would make any difference??
    it might, but did she try and change the sound and see if that works?
    03-21-10 12:59 PM
    I just checked my BBM alerts and they were set to silent. I am pretty certain that was not set that way before. The system load must have changed it. I would say that your GF should check her alert settings for BBM. My guess is its an easy fix.
    03-21-10 01:18 PM
    I just checked mine as well, and guese what?????? Silent as well.
    03-21-10 03:07 PM
    yeah man hers were silent as well thanks jhsimmonds
    03-21-10 03:18 PM
    it didnt screw it up, dear lord you believe because one person has something happen to their phone it means its widespread and happens with everyones.

anyway mine works fine, i get my sound no matter if i have the conversation open or not. Make sure she check her sound profiles and reset the sound she wants for them
    You need to learn what the word "if" means. go back and re-read my post. sheesh!
    03-21-10 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD