The first beta of BBM Social Platform is aimed at Java developers, with WebWorks support planned for April

Research In Motion (RIM) has released the first public beta-test version of Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Social Platform, the BBM extension announced at the Blackberry DEVCON last September.

The BlackBerry Messenger Social Platform, expected to be released this spring, gives developers access to a set of APIs that let them build BBM features such as chat, content sharing and invitations into their applications, RIM said.

Integration

For instance, BBM users could use the service to invite a friend to join them in a game, and then chat with one another while the game is being played, according to RIM. RIM has said that BBM has more than 28 million users.
    RIM Puts Social Tools Into Public Beta | eWEEK Europe UK

I know this is a long shot and kind of crazy, but I think it would be absolutely awesome if they integrated bbm with Facebook chat. So when you link your contacts with FB contacts, you will also have the option to link them to BBM and chat them up. RIM already does their own Facebook app so maybe it could be easy.
    03-16-11 10:10 AM
    Totally,

But if RIM did do it, it would be a "super app" one channel for all social communications.
    03-16-11 01:37 PM
    But I also use BBM for texting, but only for the people I text the most. All my important chats are in one place.

Plus BBM basically is a social network. It can't beat facebook, so integrate it in with BBM.
    03-16-11 01:44 PM
    "super app"
    Oh no, not that word.
    03-16-11 03:16 PM

10 char
    03-16-11 03:20 PM

Plus BBM basically is a social network. It can't beat facebook, so integrate it in with BBM.
    +1.. Brother
    03-17-11 03:04 AM
    super mega app!
    03-17-11 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD