So, after I upgraded I noticed when someone texts me that also has BBM is leaves a blank line in my text area and then if I click in BBM it shows it there. But, when I try to open the new message it doesn't show up. If I click the blank line in my text area it does though. Anyone know how I can fix this? I've uninstalled BBM and did battery pulls and reinstalled BBM but it's still doing that. And when my contacts have messaged me in BBM it shows a little phone icon next to their name...not a bubble like in texts. This is my first post but I've had my Storm since May...just never had any problems. I appreciate all the help I can get! Thanks!
    10-28-09 12:46 PM
    I had the same problem and think I figured it out today.

If, in your contacts you have a PIN in the contacts record it will link that contact information with your bbm contact information. For example,

contact information
    jane doe
    phone number (xxx)xxx-xxxx
    PIN: xxxxxxxx

and if Jane Doe is in your bbm contacts list with with the pin from the Jane Doe in your phone's contacts then bbm links them. If you highlight 'Jane Doe' on your bbm contacts, hit the blackberry button to bring up the menu, then select "Remove Contacts Link", it will unlink the contact and bbm contact. It will also remove the Pin number from what you have under Jane Doe's phone contact information.

Sorry if this is confusing.
    10-28-09 01:24 PM
    So the little phone icon is next to the person's name because in BBM it differentiates between texts and BBMessages. (little phone icon meaning text and bubble thing being a bbmessage)

Once you "remove the contacts link" in bbm, then the texts from that contact will go to you SMS and MMS folder only, not to your BBM. but unfortuneately the pin information is removed from the phones contacts.
    Last edited by SteveOStorm; 10-28-09 at 01:30 PM.
    10-28-09 01:27 PM
    So the little phone icon is next to the person's name because in BBM it differentiates between texts and BBMessages. (little phone icon meaning text and bubble thing being a bbmessage)

Once you "remove the contacts link" in bbm, then the texts from that contact will go to you SMS and MMS folder only, not to your BBM. but unfortuneately the pin information is removed from the phones contacts.
    Just a thought but maybe that's why we could scan eachothers barcode now. We don't need the pin anymore. (unless you are not around that person to scan their barcode)

I have the same concern. I don't like how sms messages show up in my bbm chat.

My wife also has a berry. I will test this " Remove contacts link " theory and see if it works.
    11-12-09 04:24 PM
    Just a thought but maybe that's why we could scan eachothers barcode now. We don't need the pin anymore. (unless you are not around that person to scan their barcode)

I have the same concern. I don't like how sms messages show up in my bbm chat.

My wife also has a berry. I will test this " Remove contacts link " theory and see if it works.
    I just tried it. I went to my wife in my bbm contact list, checked "remove contacts link", sent her a text and replied to myself from her phone and the sms still showed up in my bbm chat.

So I asked her sister (who has an iphone) to send me a text and her sms msg didn't show up in my bbm chats.

I think if a person who is on your bbm contact list sends you a text, it will show up in bbm chats automatically.

I still want to keep bbm and sms seperate. If anyone finds a way, please post. Thanks!
    11-12-09 04:33 PM
    Yes agreed. Bump.
    11-14-09 10:40 AM
    The problem IS linked contacts. Unlink them and do a battery pull then everything should be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 12:06 PM
    BUMP!!! Also getting extremely annoyed at this phenomenon and don't want to have to remove the Contacts link.. has anyone else figured out a fix yet??
    12-28-09 02:56 PM
    I didn't notice this till I was bored on the train. BUT the texts for me will show up if I go into bbm n click on the name so the empty slot doesn't bother me in my SMS folder.

12-28-09 03:10 PM
    I went into BBM, deleted each of my SMS type contacts, and then re-added them to fix this issue (which started with the new BBM released a couple of days ago).

12-28-09 03:21 PM
    I have a problem with linked contacts, sms messages, and BBM. When I do a batt pull or device reset it will delete the messages in BBM for one specific "linked" contact thus leaving the "white bar" in my sms folder. when i click on it i can see our convo but it's still annoying and i don't know why it's deleting a BBM convo from only one contact?!?! Anyone else notice this or have the same issue??
    02-11-10 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD