When I SMS someone not a BBM contact, all is well.

When I SMS someone who is a BBM contact but don't use BBM, and use SMS, it throws that SMS message to the BBM System.

They receive it via regular text, but it's showing up in my BBM and SMS?

Am I crazy?
    12-07-09 01:11 PM
    Take the BBM info out of your contact info.
    12-07-09 01:20 PM
    When I SMS someone not a BBM contact, all is well.

When I SMS someone who is a BBM contact but don't use BBM, and use SMS, it throws that SMS message to the BBM System.

They receive it via regular text, but it's showing up in my BBM and SMS?

Am I crazy?
    its because its designed to do this, you need to go into BBM and click the BB key on the contact and then remove contact link then it will work properly
    12-07-09 01:20 PM
    Slowly, lol, please explain that one.

Go to BBM, find the contact in BBM and delete it out of BBM? IF thats correct, how do I have them as a contact in BBM?
    12-07-09 01:41 PM
    Go into contacts, find the contact. click edit and remove there pin (not BBM....your regular contact folder)
    12-07-09 01:48 PM
    Slowly, lol, please explain that one.

Go to BBM, find the contact in BBM and delete it out of BBM? IF thats correct, how do I have them as a contact in BBM?
    Read my other post slower....but here it is again
    Go into BBM, click on the contact with the trackpad, then click the BB button and scroll down to "REMOVE CONTACTS LINK" click the trackpad......then they will be separate, and you can keep the PIN in your contact book
    12-07-09 01:59 PM
    Go into contacts, find the contact. click edit and remove there pin (not BBM....your regular contact folder)
    There is a better way to do it so you can still have the contacts PIN number in your contact book....look at my post above
    12-07-09 02:00 PM
    Thanks for being patient. It worked. Don't know how but it did. Thanks.
    12-07-09 02:16 PM
    Yea I knew that...just didn't come in my mind at the moment

There is a better way to do it so you can still have the contacts PIN number in your contact book....look at my post above
    12-07-09 02:17 PM
    Yea I knew that...just didn't come in my mind at the moment
    no worries, im still up in the air with this feature, i have all my contacts linked right now so SMS come into the BBM with those contacts, but it really doesnt matter because i maybe get 1 SMS a month from a BBM contact, they know to use BBM, and when it does come in it shows up with a little phone
    12-07-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD