Hey all. Yes, I tried that amazing search box, but couldn't find what I"m looking for.

(not that the disclaimer is done, lets get on with it)

I currently have a contact who also has a blackberry (so, I've obviously input their PIN into their details).

During last night's outage, obviously PIN and BBM messaging were down. But SMS was still avaliable for use.

Now everytime this contact SMS'd me, their message would show up in my BlackBerry Messenger, and not my SMS & MMS inbox.

Is there any advice you can give on how to split this up, so BBM messages come to BBM, and TXT messages come to my SMS/MMS inbox (even from the same contact)?

Thanks. Appreciate any help ya'll might be able to provide.
    12-23-09 12:47 PM
    Try to unlink the BBM contact from your phone book contact.
    12-23-09 12:48 PM
    Today, 12:04 PM
    SteveOStorm
    CrackBerry User
    Device Model: 9530 (Storm)
    Carrier: Verizon Join Date: Oct 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't have to delete them from your contacts. If you go to your contacts list in BBM, highlight the contact you're receiving SMS in BBM, hit the blackberry button and select "Remove Contacts Link" it will separate. (this happens because on your phones contact list/address book, the user's pin information is in their general contact information. removing the contact link will remove the contacts' pin info. in the phones general address book.)
    12-23-09 12:49 PM
    you guys are awesome... thanks..

but if i don't have the user's PIN info in the address book, where is it held?? I mean, I'd still like to access that if I need it. (I was under the impression that the all their info is SUPPOSED to be held in the address book)

I never expected to get such a quick response..

Thanks again.
    12-23-09 12:52 PM
    you guys are awesome... thanks..

but if i don't have the user's PIN info in the address book, where is it held?? I mean, I'd still like to access that if I need it. (I was under the impression that the all their info is SUPPOSED to be held in the address book)

I never expected to get such a quick response..

Thanks again.
    It is kept in your BBM contacts list instead. Why are they different? Not sure. You should still be able to have the PIN in both places, just make sure that the BBM contact is not linked to your phone book contact.
    12-23-09 12:56 PM
    Oh!. I got it... Alright. Thanks.

So it's just gonna be redundant info, kept in 2 difft. places. (Although I guess once you have it in your BBM contact list, there's no need to keep it in your address book anymore)
    12-23-09 05:18 PM
    Alright, Rather than starting a new thread. I'll continue this one and see if it gets any hits... If nothing here, I'm moving it back to the 9550 community.

I know that if you're using BBM why would you want to PIN someone?? That's just how it is with me...

but if i disassociate my BBM from my contacts it erases the PIN from my address book (of said contact).

so, when I want to PIN message them, I can't...

(any work around)??

Yes, Yes. I know the question will be. why do you care to do both.

If that's the question, I pose a response in that, why is there an OPTION to do both in that case???

Thanks in advance
    12-24-09 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD