I need your assistance Crackberry World. I am new to blackberries and my first smartphone is the Torch. I was going through my phone to setup the necessary items. For some reason unknown to me, the BBM icon does not have a green check mark on it. When I go to 'setup', and 'select the feature you want to setup' there is no green mark on my bbm icon. My bbm works because I have already added and messaged some of my contacts through bbm. I have a green check mark on my 'email' icon, 'wi-fi' icon, 'bluetooth' icon...etc but not on my bbm. What did I miss here? I just want to make sure it is setup like it is suppose to be. Thanks.
    09-02-10 04:52 PM
    I need your assistance Crackberry World. I am new to blackberries and my first smartphone is the Torch. I was going through my phone to setup the necessary items. For some reason unknown to me, the BBM icon does not have a green check mark on it. When I go to 'setup', and 'select the feature you want to setup' there is no green mark on my bbm icon. My bbm works because I have already added and messaged some of my contacts through bbm. I have a green check mark on my 'email' icon, 'wi-fi' icon, 'bluetooth' icon...etc but not on my bbm. What did I miss here? I just want to make sure it is setup like it is suppose to be. Thanks.
    I don't have a green check mark either. Never noticed it until you said something.
    09-02-10 05:00 PM
    I don't have a green check mark either. Never noticed it until you said something.
    Well I don't feel so bad now lol. Either we are doing something wrong, its a glitch in the system, or maybe it is not suppose to have a green check mark. I hope this thread catches on so we can come to a solution for this. My o.c.d is driving me crazy on this one lol
    09-02-10 05:13 PM
    I have no issues with BBM. The wifes Torch doesn't have the grren check mark either.
    09-02-10 05:16 PM
    Yeah my bbm works fine too. I guess I will have to ignore the absence of the check mark.
    09-03-10 06:02 PM
    I'll just set all of the features up
    09-04-10 08:28 PM
    I don't have one either. My guess is if you already had a BBM account and did the device switch wizard it did not recognize it as being "setup". Also the new version came out the week the Torch was launched so I am sure many upgraded from the BBM that was shipped on it. I would think if you were new to BBM and did not upgrade the app it would show a check mark. Anyone do that?
    09-04-10 08:46 PM
    I don't have one either. My guess is if you already had a BBM account and did the device switch wizard it did not recognize it as being "setup". Also the new version came out the week the Torch was launched so I am sure many upgraded from the BBM that was shipped on it. I would think if you were new to BBM and did not upgrade the app it would show a check mark. Anyone do that?
    I'm new to all of this so I guess it it the norm. I haven't did any upgrades to the bbm software yet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 02:33 PM
    co-sign, I think its based on having an account already
    09-05-10 06:11 PM
    Mine has a green check mark on it. Never noticed the check marks tho before I read this thread.

09-05-10 06:58 PM
    Mine has a green check mark on it. Never noticed the check marks tho before I read this thread.

Hmmm that's interesting. Were you a current bbm subsciber
    Prior to getting your torch?

09-05-10 07:06 PM
    Yes, had the Bold 9000 for a year previous to the Torch, use bbm every day.

09-05-10 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD