I'm sure this has been asked before, but has there ever been any cases of a phone getting accessed or hacked via BBM?

Can somebody on your BBM list gain access to your blackberry in any way?
    01-11-12 03:28 PM
    Short answer... No!

Longer answer - it would be almost impossible to prove without detailed review of RIM's source code for both the mobile device app and the server processes. However there have been no reports of security failures over the life of BBM, and it seems unlikely that an attack could succeed with communications handled through RIM servers. The cost of designing an attack-capable BBM client which is not detected or blocked by the server would be prohibitive even if a usable vulnerability existed in the server.
    01-11-12 04:11 PM
    Thanks for the response. One more question, why is it that after you wipe your device fully that when setting up your email again it remembers your email account? in this case google mail
    Last edited by Rareitem; 01-11-12 at 10:04 PM.
    01-11-12 10:00 PM
  4. T
    Thanks for the response. One more question, why is it that after you wipe your device fully that when setting up your email again it remembers your email account? in this case google mail
    You mean after a security wipe? And what do you mean it remembers it?
    01-11-12 10:45 PM
  5. T
    It's gotta be because the BIS remembers the PIN, and that's the email that was tied to the BIS, right?
    01-11-12 11:13 PM
    yeah he Does mean after a security wipe, when the e-mail account name will be
    remembered in the setting up a email-account.
    Yeah exactly. Is the account username stored on BIS servers or something?
    01-11-12 11:13 PM
  7. T
    Probably the device's PIN is.
    01-11-12 11:14 PM
    So the account name was stored along with the PIN on BIS servers?
    01-11-12 11:15 PM
  9. T
    I thought you had said email address? I'm thinking one email address (maybe the "CMIME" default one) is tied to the PIN/BIS. But I dunno. I'm just speculating.
    01-11-12 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD