I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I just posted here.
    How secure is BBM?
    A friend and I were having a discussion. He was telling me im programs weren't secure.
    I told him BBM was based on some governments wanting ban it because they couldn't "crack" it.
    So...can someone read your BBM chat after you delete it?
    10-13-10 05:41 PM
    I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I just posted here.
    How secure is BBM?
    A friend and I were having a discussion. He was telling me im programs weren't secure.
    I told him BBM was based on some governments wanting ban it because they couldn't "crack" it.
    So...can someone read your BBM chat after you delete it?
    Since you said "after you delete it" im assuming if someone can read it software-wise. If you save history of conversations, yes. Otherwise, java garbage collector will free the allocated memory by that conversation. So, i would say no for a regular user and low/medium-high level information crackers/hackers/packers/mackers/wackers/tackers D:
    Last edited by gbsn; 10-13-10 at 07:17 PM.
    10-13-10 05:55 PM
    Government agencies can read your BBM traffic through BIS easily in the US and Canada through your provider's servers. Company BES is more difficult for them, but with a court order they could access that too.

The issued for countries like India and UAE is that the BlackBerry servers are hosted outside the country and off their jurisdiction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD