So I basically wiped my address book because I had a back up file that had more correct information.

After the wipe, my phone ended up wiping itself. Now that I have reinstalled everything, I redownloaded BBM 5.0 and tried to recover my contacts list.

At this point BBM says that I don't have an e-mail synced to my device even though I know I do since I have been receiving e-mails for the past day.

Anyone have any idea of what's going on?
    12-18-09 05:40 PM
    Did you create a back up file using your email address?

When you do that it verifies (syncs) that the email account is yours and is actually able to receive on your BB. It back ups through your email, but it needs to be set up first. The options in BBM have an option for restore, backup, and clear the back up. It is also able to make a back up file on your SD card.
    12-18-09 05:44 PM
    Yeah I made one awhile ago. But it's not registering that I have an e-mail set up with my device even though I clearly do.
    12-18-09 07:14 PM
    So you created a back up in BBM with your email address previous to wiping? You went through all the steps for using your email as a back up, right? And you still have that same email address on your phone? Do you by chance have muliple emails on your BB?
    12-18-09 07:54 PM
    nope. i only forward my gmail account to my phone. not sure whats going on. i might have to do a complete wipe and then reupdate everything.
    12-18-09 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD