08-15-11 08:28 PM
33 12
tools
    Yeah, the VZW rep told me that it prob wasn't my device. He said there's something being held at the server on RIM's end? It keeps resending the email and bbm messages as if they have never been cleared...no duh. Anyway, it's not your phone if this many people have the same problem.
    Thanks, JayDee. I figured it was a server issue. VZW really has nothing to do with BBM, other than being a gateway to RIM servers. Asking VZW for BBM help is like asking a lawnmower for BBM help.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 08-13-11 at 08:59 AM.
    08-13-11 08:08 AM

Mine happens on the mobile network and wifi.
    Yup. It doesn't matter which. Only way to keep it from pushing out those old email messages and BBMs is to turn off BOTH radios.

Damn. It's so crazy to reboot at 4 am every morning with Meterberry and have BBM flash 3 week old messages!!!!! And then my inbox rolls in three old email messages with the current timestamp. Soooooo frustrating.
    08-13-11 08:08 AM
    Yup. It doesn't matter which. Only way to keep it from pushing out those old email messages and BBMs is to turn off BOTH radios.

Damn. It's so crazy to reboot at 4 am every morning with Meterberry and have BBM flash 3 week old messages!!!!! And then my inbox rolls in three old email messages with the current timestamp. Soooooo frustrating.
    We're all on diff networks with the same issue so it's gotta be RIM. With all the people having this issue, I don't know why they haven't addressed it yet.

Yes, it's sooo freakin annoying to reboot my phone or connect to wifi and instantly have 2 new BBM's just to open up and see that it's the same 2 messages I've been receiving for a week now.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-13-11 11:04 AM
    Is there anyway to get RIM to look at this? How do we bring something to their attention? Call VZW and ask to be passed on?
    08-13-11 03:18 PM
    I'm on metro pcs and I'm having this problem. I don't have the newest version of BBM. I have 5.0.0.57. This week I have gotten two repeating messages from another contact one of them just 5 minutes ago. BBM has been really buggy for me. Have you all been getting the red clocks when sending messages? Sometimes its take more than 10 minutes to send out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 07:58 PM
    I take back what I said earlier. My message hasn't appeared all day until I connected to. A wifi network just now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Yeah mine did it again when I connected to my wifi at home tonight. Weird

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 08:02 PM
    Yea on my phone, the repeat messages get triggered when I reboot my phone or connect to wifi.. But none taking longer to send with the red clock.
    08-15-11 08:24 PM
    Well my repeating BBM messages stopped today mysteriously as they started. And I went into my messages options/email reconcile and set my phone for handset wins for conflicts and no more duplicate messages being sent from last Sunday.
    08-15-11 08:28 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD