08-15-11 09:28 PM
33 12
tools
    I updated to BBM 6.0.0.129 on Saturday and everything seemed to go well until Sunday morning. I sent a friend a message and she replied to me at 11:30am, I got the reply a second time at about 1:30pm and a third time at 5:00pm. Then she told me yesterday that she got the original message I sent her at 8:30 Sunday morning again at 2:30 Monday morning and a few other messages I sent her on Sunday were sent to her again at different times Monday morning. Has anyone had this happen and is there a reason?

More Information, she has a Curve 8330 on Sprint and I have a Bold 9650 on Verizon, both phones are up to date with the latest OS from the respective carriers, and we have been messaging frequently for over a year without this happening before.
    08-09-11 10:39 AM
    This just happened to me too. The message was sent originally last Friday to me.
    08-09-11 11:19 AM
    Have you found a way to stop those repeating messages? I have the same thing. I downgraded to 5.0.3.22 because I couldn't stand bbm 6.

But I have the repeating messages just the same...a week after I am still getting them. Deleted the contact and re-added and still it does it. How did you solve your problem? Anyone?
    08-11-11 12:27 PM
    Same thing is happening to me also. I have a 9780 OS6 running BBM6. I thought it was my BBM version and tried BBM5 but it didn't solve it. I even upgraded, downgraded, uninstalled and reinstalled my OS. I still receive repeat BBM messages from the same 2 people. It started late Saturday night for me. I've read other people complaining about the same thing in other forums. It has to be a BIS issue if it's happening to different people on different OS'. It's super annoying.
    08-11-11 05:54 PM
    I finally was able to get rid of my problem with thwe help of Dan at VZW. He had me delete the BBM and email service books of the affected accounts and reboot. After that it was gone! I'd say try it except I don't know where you find the service books after. He said I'm sending them to you. I dunno. Do they automatically come in or if you need to find them yourself....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-11-11 06:22 PM
    I installed a new hybrid operating system today and reinstalled new BB Messenger from App World, and it stopped.

I finally was able to get rid of my problem with thwe help of Dan at VZW. He had me delete the BBM and email service books of the affected accounts and reboot. After that it was gone! I'd say try it except I don't know where you find the service books after. He said I'm sending them to you. I dunno. Do they automatically come in or if you need to find them yourself....

08-11-11 08:05 PM
    It happened again this morning. I am not sure, but it happened when I turned my wifi connection on, the same exact message that repeated last weekend at 6:30 this morning. I dont think it was the wifi, because the first time I got the repeated message last weekend I was driving down the highway and not near a wifi hotspot. Weird, I may call VZW today and see if they can help like they did for you Jaydee
    08-12-11 08:18 AM
    I've had the same message come in randomly about 20 times since last Saturday. I'm running 5.0.2.12, the one bundled with the OS.
    08-12-11 08:24 AM
    Just got off the phone with VZW and they had me pull the battery and pushed the service books to me again, we will see if it fixes the problem. The next step he said would be to connect me to the BB tech support to see if they can resolve it if what we did doesn't. He did tell me that there are other people having this same issue logged in the records at VZW but there wasn't a fix logged.
    08-12-11 09:01 AM
    Just got off the phone with VZW and they had me pull the battery and pushed the service books to me again, we will see if it fixes the problem. The next step he said would be to connect me to the BB tech support to see if they can resolve it if what we did doesn't. He did tell me that there are other people having this same issue logged in the records at VZW but there wasn't a fix logged.
    And they are absolutely right...there still isn't a fix! I thought I was good yesterday but after I rebooted this am and ....they're BBBBAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!!
    Damn! So officially for me, deleting and adding back service books did not fix problem. It's gotta be the network somewhere.

I'm running 5.0.3.22 BTW but I don't think what version of BBM it is matters. And my email is doing it too.
    08-12-11 09:42 AM
    They really have no clue!!! Resend service books 1d10ts
    08-12-11 10:05 AM
    And they are absolutely right...there still isn't a fix! I thought I was good yesterday but after I rebooted this am and ....they're BBBBAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!!
    Damn! So officially for me, deleting and adding back service books did not fix problem. It's gotta be the network somewhere.
    I'm running 5.0.3.22 BTW but I don't think what version of BBM it is matters. And my email is doing it too.
    I am thinking it is the network as well.

Haven't had email repeat yet.............
    08-12-11 10:31 AM
    They really have no clue!!! Resend service books 1d10ts
    I was thinking that, but who am I, they are the "experts" LMAO
    08-12-11 10:32 AM
    Hasn't returned even after I did a reboot. It seemed to only happen to me after I reboot the Blackberry which suggests its triggered when BBM reconnects.

My repeat message came back before even though the person it came from had his phone physically off.

So I think its in our individual phones - I also only had 1 message from teh same 1 contact that seemed to echo, and not all of his either.

So I can only say what I did for other reasons, because it seems to have stopped. To get rid of any loose setting in the Blackberry, use DM to upgrade or downgrade your entire Blackberry Operating System again (which may get rid of the abberant setting) reinstall BBM again from appworld, which overwrites the settings, restore your contact list, and then get back to the latest BB operating system. Its alot of steps but I think its worth it to stop thoise annoying messages. Let me know if it works.
    Last edited by estroh; 08-12-11 at 11:16 AM.
    08-12-11 11:14 AM
    It happened again this morning. I am not sure, but it happened when I turned my wifi connection on, the same exact message that repeated last weekend at 6:30 this morning. I dont think it was the wifi, because the first time I got the repeated message last weekend I was driving down the highway and not near a wifi hotspot. Weird, I may call VZW today and see if they can help like they did for you Jaydee
    I also tried what Jaydee had posted but same repeat messages still came. Mines only happens when I'm on wifi. It's weird. I tested it and when I use EDGE or 3G, I don't get that glitch. But as soon as I turn on wifi, the repeated messages pop up. So lately I try to avoid wifi so that the glitch doesn't happen.
    08-12-11 11:53 AM
    I have two repeat emails that are pushed to my blackberry every hour. They are not on my server nor do they appear in Outlook. I have tired to filter them as spam with no luck. I downloaded the new BBM this week. Any one else with repeat emails?
    08-12-11 02:48 PM
    To get rid of any loose setting in the Blackberry, use DM to upgrade or downgrade your entire Blackberry Operating System again (which may get rid of the abberant setting) reinstall BBM again from appworld, which overwrites the settings, restore your contact list, and then get back to the latest BB operating system. Its alot of steps but I think its worth it to stop thoise annoying messages. Let me know if it works.
    Wait a sec..... use DM to upgrade or downgrade, then upgrade to keep a message from repeating??? There's got to be a better solution than that. Why would you use DM to load an OS anyway???

I also tried what Jaydee had posted but same repeat messages still came. Mines only happens when I'm on wifi. It's weird. I tested it and when I use EDGE or 3G, I don't get that glitch. But as soon as I turn on wifi, the repeated messages pop up. So lately I try to avoid wifi so that the glitch doesn't happen.
    Mine happens on the mobile network and wifi.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 08-12-11 at 03:54 PM.
    08-12-11 03:50 PM
    I'm thinking that the idea is to overwrite the OS with anything - whether upgrade or downgrade, using DM or Apploader - in order to get rid of whatever is making this happen. Since nothing else seems to work.

It may be that when an OS is freshly installed (especially if you just restore a backup of contacts, calendar, etc and not use switch wizard), and then install a new version of BB Messenger from Appworld, it doesn't carry the echo with it. But I can't really explain why or how it worked. It worked for me so far, it may be something to consider.

Wait a sec..... use DM to upgrade or downgrade, then upgrade to keep a message from repeating??? There's got to be a better solution than that. Why would you use DM to load an OS anyway???

Mine happens on the mobile network and wifi.
    08-12-11 04:12 PM
    I'm thinking that the idea is to overwrite the OS with anything - whether upgrade or downgrade, using DM or Apploader - in order to get rid of whatever is making this happen. Since nothing else seems to work.

It may be that when an OS is freshly installed (especially if you just restore a backup of contacts, calendar, etc and not use switch wizard), and then install a new version of BB Messenger from Appworld, it doesn't carry the echo with it. But I can't really explain why or how it worked. It worked for me so far, it may be something to consider.
    Or maybe it's a problem at the server(s)
    08-12-11 04:19 PM
    Could be, but why do any of us only have 1 message that repeats instead of different message echoes? It could also be that a fresh BB Messenger installation resets the server? Let us know what works for you.

Or maybe it's a problem at the server(s)
    08-12-11 04:22 PM

I take back what I said earlier. My message hasn't appeared all day until I connected to. A wifi network just now.

08-12-11 04:36 PM
    I tried to uninstall/re-install OS and download BBM again through both DM and App World with no avail. The repeated messages still pop up. I even went into DM to delete the BBM database but it's still the same. Other forums show that people are having the same issue with BBM. All starting around last weekend time frame.
    08-12-11 04:51 PM
    I take back what I said earlier. My message hasn't appeared all day until I connected to. A wifi network just now.

So weird that my BBM worked fine while on wifi til this last weekend.
    08-12-11 04:55 PM
    I tried to uninstall/re-install OS and download BBM again through both DM and App World with no avail. The repeated messages still pop up. I even went into DM to delete the BBM database but it's still the same. Other forums show that people are having the same issue with BBM. All starting around last weekend time frame.

I didn't think that was going to solve anything. I wiped and reloaded for a different reason, and the messages still kept coming back.

08-13-11 08:43 AM
    I didn't think that was going to solve anything. I wiped and reloaded for a different reason, and the messages still kept coming back.

Yeah, the VZW rep told me that it prob wasn't my device. He said there's something being held at the server on RIM's end? It keeps resending the email and bbm messages as if they have never been cleared...no duh. Anyway, it's not your phone if this many people have the same problem.
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    08-13-11 09:01 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD