I had to get my Verizon Bold 9650 replaced this week and the new one is working fine except that when I change my BBM status it doesn't give notifications to my contacts and also I don't receive the recent updates for when my contacts do something like change a pic or status. I did a battery pull and restarted the phone but it still isn't working. Any ideas what is causing this problem and how to fix it.
    07-19-10 08:49 AM
    I had to get my Verizon Bold 9650 replaced this week and the new one is working fine except that when I change my BBM status it doesn't give notifications to my contacts and also I don't receive the recent updates for when my contacts do something like change a pic or status. I did a battery pull and restarted the phone but it still isn't working. Any ideas what is causing this problem and how to fix it.
    Is your "show recent updates" option set to never? Which version of BBM are you using? Have you searched the forum for this same issue?
    07-19-10 08:53 AM
    Th option is set to show 25 and I am using the latest version of BBM that comes with new phones. Searched this and other forums for the same issue but couldn't find an exact match.
    07-19-10 09:02 AM
    Th option is set to show 25 and I am using the latest version of BBM that comes with new phones. Searched this and other forums for the same issue but couldn't find an exact match.
    There is no "Most recent that comes with new phones" version. My friend just had her 8530 replaced on Verizon. It came with the latest OS, but still had an old 4.X version of BBM on it!

Make sure you are up to 5.0.0.57.
    07-19-10 09:56 AM
    There is no "Most recent that comes with new phones" version. My friend just had her 8530 replaced on Verizon. It came with the latest OS, but still had an old 4.X version of BBM on it!

Make sure you are up to 5.0.0.57.
    I don't have this problem and I have OS 4.6 and latest BBM 5 which has the "most recent Updates".

Sorry that is not helping but the thing I can suggest is reload the OS but unchecked the BBM in the OS install then proceed to install the BBM 5 from RIM mobile site via OTA.
    07-19-10 07:20 PM
    first make sure you are using BBM 5.0.0.57. if you dont, download it. im faily certain the Storm 2 still comes out of the box with BBM 4.7. then make sure your recent updates is changed from 25 to 100. if you have more than 100, its a known issue for contacts not to refesh correct. dont bother reinstalling the OS as maxknux said, as it will most likely be a waste of time. the BBM app itself is all you need to mess with.
    07-21-10 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD