1. Is it possible to read a message in BBM with out letting the contact know you have read it?

' can u view the message with out changing the D toR in the conversation

2..On the old BBM I use to be able to tell when a contact entered BBM app. Now I can only tell after they have sent the message.

3. Wht does it mean when you send a text and all you get is a check mark and no D for delivery?

4. Is there a way toturn off BBM from everyone but still get the messages when you get back on?

5. If you turn your phone off. Then bavk on a 2 hours will those message be waititing?

5. Is there away to tell if s contact is on the phone when you are trying to reach them with BBM?
    10-23-09 11:27 AM
    1. Is it possible to read a message in BBM with out letting the contact know you have read it? Nope it will come up as read.

2..On the old BBM I use to be able to tell when a contact entered BBM app. Now I can only tell after they have sent the message. Some things have changed that you will just have to get use to or downgrade.

3. Wht does it mean when you send a text and all you get is a check mark and no D for delivery? That person is not on VZW or whatever carrier you are on.

4. Is there a way toturn off BBM from everyone but still get the messages when you get back on? Nope, just set your BBM status to Busy.

5. If you turn your phone off. Then bavk on a 2 hours will those message be waititing? Yes the messages will come through after you have turned your phone back on.

5. Is there away to tell if s contact is on the phone when you are trying to reach them with BBM? Nope it will jsut say "D" until they get back to read it.
    10-23-09 11:30 AM
    do you know any cool tricks with BBM?
    10-23-09 11:49 AM
    Actually, the check means that the message is in the queue, but hasn't been delivered yet. There might be an issue on the receiving end, and the message will be delivered when the other party is available.

This may be due to a loss of signal, or, on the CDMA carriers, the party is on the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 12:10 PM
    BTW, BBM isn't carrier dependent, it is a service across the BB spectrum. It is one of the apps that is always on. I talk with BBM contacts on many carriers, and noticed that the notifications work across the board. It is a peer-to-peer service, just like you're talking face-to-face.

It runs through BIS, not the carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 10-23-09 at 12:19 PM.
    10-23-09 12:15 PM
    Here's a scenario I have been unable to test (at the risk of insulting the ones I want to use it on)......but maybe you know

If you have a BBM waiting, then go to Connection Manager and Close All Connections, then open/read the BBM message, then delete it......when you restore connections would it show as read?
    10-23-09 12:21 PM
    wahoofan I would think it would appear read once your restore your connections if you did indeed read the message.
    10-23-09 12:22 PM
    4. Is there a way toturn off BBM from everyone but still get the messages when you get back on?
    Yes. Since BBM is OTA now, just delete the app from your phone. And when
    you're ready to get back on it, from your phone's browser go to
    blackberry.com/blackberrymessenger and download it again. Then just restore
    your BBM list when you're done downloading since you can backup and restore
    from the phone now.

Other than that, go "busy" like Ambz said.
    10-23-09 01:16 PM
    So is the answer to my question about not letting the contact know that you read there message impossible?

Still really would like to know that one
    10-23-09 09:34 PM
    1. If you turn your radio off, once you turned it back on the delivery notification would be sent though.

2. The previous version of BBM had several availability options if that's what you are referring to, you still see your contacts availability (away/available) in 5.0

3. The checkmark means the message was sent successfully (ie it made it to the relay), The "D" is for delivered and the "R" is for read. If you see a checkmark without a "D" its either a bug or the friend you are messaging has their device turned off/ out of coverage.

4. Not sure exactly what you are asking, you can set your status to away if you don't want to be notified you will still get messages though.

5. Yes, the message will be delivered to your device once its turned on.

6. Unfortunately the "On the phone" status was killed, depending on the network the messages will either be delivered immediately while they are on the phone (3G UMTS) or will be delivered once they end their phone call (CDMA/EDGE).

Hopefully that clears things up for you
    10-23-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD