Good day, I am new to BB and have a 9330 Curve and all has been well thus far regarding app usage and my getting "feet wet" into use of phone. However, I ran into a little issue this evening with BBM that makes me wonder if there is another service outage(similar to last months) or if my contact I am trying to reach is having issues. I have searched the net high and low trying to get answers and just want to cut to the chase here and get the straight of what may be going on.

Quick summary: My contact on BBM is showing available in the network however the 2 messages and then ping I sent are showing the check mark that the message was sent but it is not showing delivered or read. I am located in North America and the Contact is in South America.

So, the question is could there be a service outage or would this fall more towards the contact user's phone/service provider having an issue?

Thank you.

(Moderators, I searched for anything related to this topic and could not locate anything. If need be, please merge it to another thread)
    10-04-11 11:23 PM
    Bbm service slows at times...but today it's running pretty good.
    I think ur contact might hav their phone off or they r having service provider problems.

Some of my contacts go thru the same problems when they don't hav stong constitent signals.
    10-05-11 12:41 PM
    Like CUB1 said, it's probably something related to what your friend's service is. Have you tried contacting your friend to see if they are in a poor service area? Perhaps by e-mail since they live so far away?
    10-05-11 01:45 PM
    Thanks for the replies. My contact is in South America in an area that has consistent service/signal. I've tried to reach them on other services like MSN and Yahoo(both mail and IM) which feeds to their phone but no response. Calling their number resulting in 4 rings and going direct to voicemail. The BBM messages as of today still show sent but not delivered but their contact status shows available. Would their BBM status show available if their phone is off?
    10-05-11 02:14 PM
    The message is in the RIM cloud waiting to be delivered. Your friend's connection is likely the problem.
    10-05-11 02:37 PM
    Yes the status is set by the user so if he sets it as available it would remain that way even if the phone was turned off.

The check mark indicates that the message has been sent but has not been delivered to their phone.

Thanks for the replies. My contact is in South America in an area that has consistent service/signal. I've tried to reach them on other services like MSN and Yahoo(both mail and IM) which feeds to their phone but no response. Calling their number resulting in 4 rings and going direct to voicemail. The BBM messages as of today still show sent but not delivered but their contact status shows available. Would their BBM status show available if their phone is off?
    10-05-11 03:04 PM
    So is there any way to tell that our BBM contacts are really available? Even though they set their status to available, how do we know that they are really available? Well... because you can set your status to available but your phone can be turned off.
    10-14-11 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD