I'm running BBM 5.0.0.57 on my new Storm2 and "restored" all of my backed-up contacts successfully.

Question: Do I need to re-send a BBM "invite" to all of my contacts since I'm on a new blackberry (ie: new pin) or will they (BBM contacts) automatically be updated with my new BB/PIN info?

Thanks
    02-12-10 11:42 AM
    I'm running BBM 5.0.0.57 on my new Storm2 and "restored" all of my backed-up contacts successfully.

Question: Do I need to re-send a BBM "invite" to all of my contacts since I'm on a new blackberry (ie: new pin) or will they (BBM contacts) automatically be updated with my new BB/PIN info?

Thanks
    Everytime I've done a swap, my bbm contacts have been updated automatically.
    02-12-10 11:52 AM

Thanks
    Yes everything will be automaticly updated
    02-12-10 11:56 AM
    Thanks for the quick response/answers!
    02-12-10 11:57 AM
    Everything will backup automatically if you have registered one of you're email addresses or did a remote backup. Also if you have you're old bb and new bb you can transfer all the info through DM
    02-12-10 12:08 PM
    Your friends will have to add you as new bbm contacts as you have a different pin now.
    02-12-10 04:10 PM
    Your friends will have to add you as new bbm contacts as you have a different pin now.
    Not True...
    02-12-10 04:16 PM
    Not true, they will be added automatically.
    02-13-10 11:15 AM
    Lets say that someone on my bbm list gets a new BlackBerry/PIN. Will his/her new PIN update on my bbm list as well as in my "contacts" folder without me having to go into "contacts" folder and changing his/her PIN?
    02-13-10 01:40 PM
    I think it would depend on whether or not they had previously done a backup of their contacts before updating their phone or software. If they had not, then it's quite possible, but hey, this is just me guessing

Lets say that someone on my bbm list gets a new BlackBerry/PIN. Will his/her new PIN update on my bbm list as well as in my "contacts" folder without me having to go into "contacts" folder and changing his/her PIN?
    02-13-10 01:47 PM
    I think it would depend on whether or not they had previously done a backup of their contacts before updating their phone or software. If they had not, then it's quite possible, but hey, this is just me guessing
    Your guess is just as good as mine my friend. . . .
    02-13-10 01:55 PM
    From a recent experience I can say that my daughter's replacement Blackberry recognized me and mine recognized her. I believe she backed up her Blackberry but I did not back up mine. I did lose her picture though and had to associate my contact picture for her with my BBM
    02-13-10 03:59 PM
    I just had to do a swap from my old, defective BB to a new replacement from VZW. For whatever reason all of my contacts in BBM came over. HOWEVER, it listed them all as "unresponsive" and showed them as a default avatar/picture with a funny red "x" in the top corner.

Anyone know why this is happening?
    02-13-10 04:27 PM
    If you have any bbm contacts that are not linked to any contact profile in your directory then those contacts will disappear when you changed your bbm.

Now if you wipe your BB then all your BBM contacts are lost unless you have a separate contact back up file.

For that purposes I use the BBM contact list backup feature found in the options menu.
    02-13-10 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD