So I just got my 2nd Torch and I backed up all of my stuff on my 1st one. I restored all the settings from my old phone onto my new phone including the BBM, and now my old pin is on my new Torch and appears to have over written the original Pin of the phone... how is this possible? I can message all of my old contacts as if I still had my old phone and when i click my BBM profile it shows my old pin where it displays the pin....
    Last edited by unity04; 03-11-11 at 12:52 AM.
    03-11-11 12:47 AM
    That's not possible, it's your new PIN. BBM changed your PIN for all your contacts, you didn't have to do anything, it's magic...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-11 04:09 AM
    "It's magic." I lol'd at this.

03-11-11 11:46 AM
    Haha, I can't explain it any better, can you? The first time I switched phones and seen it happen I thought it was magic

03-11-11 12:32 PM
    That's not possible, it's your new PIN. BBM changed your PIN for all your contacts, you didn't have to do anything, it's magic...

LOL That's Hilarious
    03-11-11 12:46 PM
    Isn't that what BBM stands for?.... "BlackBerry Magic"
    03-11-11 12:46 PM
    I found this answer in yahoo help...see if it works for you.

"Hey! I just had to fix this problem on my own last night since noone on the internet knew the answer! you have to go to your options folder, then go to "date/time" then it'll say "date/time source" you have to change that to OFF. mine was set to blackberry before. then go back to your bbm profile and click retry again and then it wont allow you to click retry again, so i took out my battery and put it back in and it never said that "registration failed" crap. Hope this helps!!"

also here on Crackberry
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=334478
    03-18-11 08:44 AM
    I found this answer in yahoo help...see if it works for you.

"Hey! I just had to fix this problem on my own last night since noone on the internet knew the answer! you have to go to your options folder, then go to "date/time" then it'll say "date/time source" you have to change that to OFF. mine was set to blackberry before. then go back to your bbm profile and click retry again and then it wont allow you to click retry again, so i took out my battery and put it back in and it never said that "registration failed" crap. Hope this helps!!"

also here on Crackberry
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=334478
    99 times out 100, a good 'ol battery pull will fix the issue. and yes Lol'd at "magic"... those guys at RIM have thought of everything (almost)
    03-18-11 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD