So I've been chatting to my wife on bbm for a few hours since she landed in New York, and the question came to my head, if I'm in UK and the bis goes trough the UK NOC, does it mean it also goes trough the canadian NOC to get to her in New York?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 03:19 PM
    I believe so. The RIM NOC/servers are in Canada.
    11-28-10 04:01 PM
    Man AT&T are putting their hands in, 8 per 1mb? And people wonder why use bbm when you have sms. Sms costs her 0.40 and 0.70 to receive a call, 1.10 ta make a call. She's roaming from Orange UK. These prices are ridiculous.

11-29-10 02:09 AM
    it all routs through Canadian servers.....
    11-29-10 02:13 AM
    I have friends out of the country on BBM and I have the unlimited data. I haven't been charged overage fees for chatting with them on BBM My Verizon is the same price every month !
    11-30-10 12:14 PM
    hold on, is it not that BBM is free / unlimited as long as you have BIS/BB data plan?
    12-01-10 03:57 AM
    hold on, is it not that BBM is free / unlimited as long as you have BIS/BB data plan?
    Yes, you are correct!
    12-01-10 10:13 AM
    As long as you have an "unlimited" data plan. If you exceed the megabyte limit, they will charge you extra for each MB you are over.

Not all carriers have unlimited data, and certainly, not all offer good rates when it comes to roaming. Usually when you are roaming, you get charged for each megabyte you consume, unless you have an international data package or use BIS over wifi.
    Last edited by gbsn; 12-01-10 at 10:21 AM.
    12-01-10 10:17 AM
    As long as you have an "unlimited" data plan. If you exceed the megabyte limit, they will charge you extra for each MB you are over.

Not all carriers have unlimited data, and certainly, not all offer good rates when it comes to roaming. Usually when you are roaming, you get charged for each megabyte you consume, unless you have an international data package or use BIS over wifi.

If you exceed your data package bbm is not the one you should be worried about, 1 text bbm only uses 2-3 kb if not less.

12-01-10 01:19 PM
    If you exceed your data package bbm is not the one you should be worried about, 1 text bbm only uses 2-3 kb if not less.

The problem is it isn't easy to shut off email and other data while leaving BBM active. It can be done but it would be a bit of a hassle...
    12-01-10 01:35 PM
    The problem is it isn't easy to shut off email and other data while leaving BBM active. It can be done but it would be a bit of a hassle...
    All you have to do is disable html email or/and automore and/or download images automatically. Do that and emails will use very little data too.

12-01-10 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD