Hey guys I wanna use BBM and i assume it won't cost me extra as I have 500mb blackberry email plan but to be safe rather than sorry I haven't used it. My question is do it use your allowance while it is just in the background or just to send the messages. if so is it the same principal as receiving an email but instead its a pin message?
    08-27-10 04:08 PM
    It uses texting
    08-27-10 04:10 PM
    Sorry man but I know that much that it doesn't, it uses data plan but I want to find out if its only when i send and receive messages!
    08-27-10 04:15 PM
    BBM DOES use your 500mb of data.

and BBM is constantly running so it will not use data just setting there. Only if you send or rec a message.

but if you have a E-Mail package i'm not sure it'll even work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 04:16 PM
    Yes its data and only when sent or rec'd msgs. It always runs in the background and doesn't charge data to do so.

Oops, that guy beat me ^

08-27-10 04:17 PM
    It does work as I have tried it before but weren't to sure if it was costing money. So if it uses the 500mb, how big is each message?
    08-27-10 04:18 PM
    Yes its data and only when sent or rec'd msgs. It always runs in the background and doesn't charge data to do so.
    Oops, that guy beat me ^
    No problem, good to see some reenforcement though.

08-27-10 04:18 PM
    It does work as I have tried it before but weren't to sure if it was costing money. So if it uses the 500mb, how big is each message?
    Messages that are text only are pretty small (unless you send huge text only messages) but if you start adding pictures messages can be pretty large.
    08-27-10 04:23 PM
    right good to know! Thanks for all the help everyone!
    08-27-10 04:25 PM
    Each msg is roughly a kb. Almost impossible to hit 500mb using bbm

08-27-10 07:21 PM
    Uses data .... that's why users love it...can send messages to people on the other side of the world just pulling from data plan and not charging astronomical international texting fees. Blackberry compresses data so very rare anyone approaches their data limit unless tethering or something
    08-27-10 09:19 PM
    You'll be fine with 500 MB of data unless you're on BBM 24/7, literally.
    08-27-10 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD