Hey Guys,

Just got an unlocked AT&T 9700 working on the Rogers network.

I backed up everything and my BBM contacts as well. I loaded it into the new 9700 and i had to re-invite a decent amount of people. Problem is, I can't see peoples Contact name but I see their PIN NUMBER only....

is this normal? My friends tell me itll slowly automatically change as the BB NETWORK fixes it on its own and my contacts name will show up.

*Some contacts name is substituted with their BBM PIN NUMBER but I can see their display picture...

07-10-10 03:55 AM
    In BBM go to menu, options, backup, register an email address or 2... Then do a save of the BBM list locally...

After both at done, pull the battery with the device still on for 30 seconds... Replace battery... Check your BBM, if they are fixed, walk away laughing. If not please come back and report as I have some more ideas

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-10 07:44 AM
    Your friend is right, least that was how mine was...got nothing but pin numbers and no pictures, just an icon...probably/hopefully fixed itself...if not, give it a few hours...or try what C-86 said, lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-10 08:17 AM