Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I'm also a new blackberry user and I have couple questions:

1) according to my desktop, my BBM 4.5 and it says that there are no more updates available. That totally contradits what I have seen on this forum as well as on other places. Why I can;t update through my desktop manager?

2)I cant update trough appworld since I get an error message: " error starting net_rim_bb_world: Symbol........................."

3) I tried downloading the file (BBM 5.0.0.54) trough my PC, then transfering it to my BB. Later, I tried to download and I get this message:
    "download failed". when I click details I get this message: "907 invalid COD file not found"

btw, I'm not trying to get the lastest version since I notice on this forums that there are some issues with it.

is this phone to be that complicated?

thx for the help
    12-28-09 10:29 PM
    have you tried blackberry.com/messenger? OTA?
    12-28-09 10:34 PM
    have you tried blackberry.com/messenger? OTA?
    hi thx for repplying.

I went to this website:
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Messenger

I have 2 options:

a)Download through your desktop computer.
    when I try, I get this message:
    "Downloads via a USB connection are not enabled for this product. Please visit our mobile download site at using the browser on your BlackBerry smartphone."

b)"Send Application Links to your Smartphone". I type my email and wait for the email.

then, I download a file called: "3729". when I try to open it I get this message:
    "the returned page had no content type, and therefore cannot be processed"

LOL, give me some light please.
    12-28-09 10:50 PM
    well now I got a link for the latest version which is being downloaded now.
    12-28-09 11:01 PM
    ok latest version installed
    12-28-09 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD