When my Blackberry Bold 9700 battery gauge meter reads under 40%, my device ALWAYS randomly shuts off between 40-0%. Always, except maybe one time. This is obviously a nuisance that I have had to deal with for a couple of months now.

Second, just today, on bbm i sent a message to my friend, and it said DELIVERED. she read it, and replied, but i did NOT get this message.
    And I don't know if this is a coincidence, but when I restart my bb, i sometimes get a new bbm message...I don't think it's a coincidence cause i have to do it every once in a while.

can a new battery fix these problems or should i get a new device?
    02-01-11 01:10 AM
    Before doing this, call your carrier and tell them your having issues with BIS and not getting messages via BBM

I suggest making a backup with desktop manager, download the latest OS from your carrier (or the same version your blackberry has, go to Options > About and three lines down, it'll display the current version you have installed), trying a reload using BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) and then restoring the backup you made once the loading process is complete.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-11 01:45 AM
    Probably need your service books resent
    02-01-11 10:15 AM
    Battery will most likely not fix a thing, as it's almost always going to be OS related. I'd reload your carrier's latest supported and provided OS version.
    02-01-11 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD