When I send a message through bbm, it would just have a check next to the message. No D for delivered. Other times it would show a white clock and take a while for the message to send.
    Too much bbms going through their servers or is it the phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 01:10 AM
    When I send a message through bbm, it would just have a check next to the message. No “D” for delivered. Other times it would show a white clock and take a while for the message to send.
    Too much bbms going through their servers or is it the phone?

There are waaay too many reasons and variables here. If it takes too long to reach a "D", then the fault lies on the receiver's end, it means it got to the blackberry servers, it just hasn't reached the target. If it stays at the clock, then the problem is on your side. But then again, (applies to both cases) there is a chance its not the phone, but a crappy signal, or some packets lost in the way through the carrier's network. It may also mean a slight BIS data outage, even though you would probably now as it would be posted by someone in here (usually). Its only a few times that is actually the phone. Most of the times, its the signal and connection.
    Last edited by gbsn; 06-06-11 at 01:27 AM.
    06-06-11 01:23 AM
    There are waaay too many reasons and variables here. If it takes too long to reach a "D", then the fault lies on the receiver's end, it means it got to the blackberry servers, it just hasn't reached the target. If it stays at the clock, then the problem is on your side. But then again, (applies to both cases) there is a chance its not the phone, but a crappy signal, or some packets lost in the way through the carrier's network. It may also mean a slight BIS data outage, even though you would probably now as it would be posted by someone in here (usually). Its only a few times that is actually the phone. Most of the times, its the signal and connection.
    Very imformative. It was probably the low battery and weak 3G/EDGE signal.

06-06-11 10:14 PM
    If its constantly swapping between 3G EDGE and GPRS, then yes, you may see the clock quite a few times, and not see the "D" appear since the notification that sends the server to your device saying that the receiver got the message probably got dropped and didn't reach your device while it was in signal transition or timing out.
    06-06-11 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD